View Single Post
Old June 21 2010, 09:51 PM   #45
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: When are we ever going to see a Supergirl flick?

Gaith wrote: View Post
^^ Quite.

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Buddy, if I and millions of other can feast our eyes without guilt seeing The Runaways, the current Twilight movie, and so on, so can you.
Waifs, sir. Waifs without the physique of a Kryptonian.

'Course, before Marvel claimed her, ScarJo would have done just fine. Oh well...

(And yeah, I know Reynolds looks as though he might still do both Green Arrow and Deadpool, but I don't think it's wise to cross the streams like that. Chris Evans doubling up is iffy enough, but at least most of us can agree to forget about his FF4s.)

There's no rule that says an actor can't work for Marvel and DC. (God knows I've written for both, and so has pretty much everyone else in the business.)

Besides Reynolds has already played Deadpool and Hannibal King. And Halle Berry was both Catwoman and Storm.

This is nothing new. Buster Crabbe played Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, and Tarzan. Tim Tyler played Captain Marvel, the Phantom, and the Mummy. Lon Chaney Jr. played Frankenstein, the Wolf Man, Dracula, and the Mummy. Roger Moore played James Bond and the Saint. Fess Parker played Davey Crockett and Daniel Boone. Clayton Moore played the Lone Ranger and Zorro . . . .

Etc.