View Single Post
Old June 21 2010, 12:07 PM   #33
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS
Re: When are we ever going to see a Supergirl flick?

I think Supergirl film would be a great idea and i would defidently go see it to the cinema!
Along with a good story, the casting seems to be one of the most difficult things, when it comes to superheroine films
( Wonder Woman, for exsample..like we talked about in Gaiths thread)
Finding someone who is 18-20 years old with the looks and the acting skills is a problem with Supergirl.
Though, I would be personally fine with Laura Vandervoort from Smallville for the role
She doesnt seem like a bad actress, plus she seems very down to earth and smart..at least judging from the interviews ive seen

I know Im drumming the acting skills drum a lot, but just think what happened with Halle Berry as Catwoman..
or what they did to the character of Dinah in the horrible Birds of Prey TV-show
I mean, do we want Supergirl to be a mixture of whiny teenager and a bitch...or what? AKA how do we portray the character on the screen?

Here is an nice interview with Helen Slater, who played Supergirl in the 1984 film:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...6&page=article
Personally I think she really nailed the role back then, did great job..and made an iconic image of the character,
like Reeves did to Superman or Carter to Wonder Woman
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote