View Single Post
Old June 20 2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer

Re: When are we ever going to see a Supergirl flick?

Hm, when I saw the thread title, I was going to suggest Kristen Bell. My mental image of Supergirl is shaped by the DCAU version designed by Bruce Timm and voiced by Nicholle Tom, so I guess I'm thinking in terms of her personality and attitude.

I can't say I agree with most of your casting recommendations -- particularly if that last one is meant to reference Kaley Cuoco from Charmed, who's one of the most thoroughly unappealing actresses I've ever seen. Well, I can't address Ms. Robb as a candidate since I'm not familiar with her, though she looks nice enough in her IMDb pictures. Ms. Panetierre has potential, but she doesn't seem quite the right type to me somehow. Same with Ms. Fanning -- I liked her in Push, but she just doesn't strike me as a Supergirl type, and neither does Ms. Dunst.

Trying to think of teenage blonde actresses I'm familiar with... Eureka's Jordan Hinson is all that comes to mind. I'd suggest Castle's Molly C. Quinn, but it would be a crime to dye her gorgeous red hair. Anyone object to a ginger Supergirl?

And I think most of us would agree that the main goal for a Supergirl movie would be to expunge the memory of the one whose IMDb entry is linked in the previous post. Helen Slater was lovely, Jerry Goldsmith's music was excellent, some of the flying sequences were cool, but my gods, what a mess of a movie.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote