View Single Post
Old June 16 2010, 07:31 AM   #80
ToddCam
Captain

Re: Charting the Novel-verse

Hey Turtletrekker, nice job! I did something a few years ago that I haven't updated in a long time. Guess I don't need to anymore.

Sorry to be the grammar police, but "its" is the possessive form of "it." "It's" is a contraction for "it is." You kept making the mistake.

I noticed you left out the Enterprise Logs anthology in your Misc. section. It had several stories, each focusing on an Enterprise captain. When I did my research back in the day I concluded the following had connections:

"Though Hell Should Bar the Way" by Greg Cox. A story of Captain April's Enterprise. The ship's crew was consistent with that of Diane Carey's TOS novel Best Destiny.

"Conflicting Natures" by Jerry Oltion. A story of Captain Pike. It is consistent with Where Sea Meets Sky of the Captain's Table series.

"Night Whispers" by Diane Duane. A Will Decker story of the refit. It makes Rihannsu references.

"Shakedown" by Peter David. Harriman story. It directly references The Captain's Daughter.

"The Captain and the King" by John Vornholt is a Picard story told in the Captain's Table. However, it is inconsistent with the depiction of Andor in the DS9-PF novels.

Also, Uhura being in charge of SI was established in Vulcan's Heart first.
ToddCam is offline   Reply With Quote