View Single Post
Old June 12 2010, 07:22 AM   #14
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
>> I don't understand. Someone in the independent production field who you trust told you "Lost Frontier" was a mature content show? If so, how do they know? Have they listened to it? What constitutes 'mature content' anyway?<<

They checked it out and told me about it with the proviso that it would likely be offensive to children. They’ve recommended other projects in the past and were right on. As for “mature content,” check out the post above this one.
Who is "they" ? And why do you have such an issue with confronting the fact that because you have not listened to any episodes of Lost Frontier, you are unable to make an informed qualification about its content? I personally don't see what could be construed as 'adult content' in any of the shows we've done, but I'd be willing to bow down to your preferential opinion on the matter had you actually taken the time to listen to any of our shows. Right now, you haven't done that, and have mislabled the podcasts. All I've done is say "Hey, I don't think that's a fair qualification."

>>Up till now, my only positive suggestions had been to request that one fan film I am associated with be included on your list, despite your childish and reactive behavior anytime someone has the gall to suggest something you don't like, or disagree with you.<<

And you accuse ME of overreacting? Sigh.
Dude, anyone reading your responses in this thread can tell you are overreacting.

>>And every time, you just fly off the handle and crybaby your way through it. ("Well then, I'll take Lost Frontier off the weekly list until I have time to listen to it "someday."" -- sound familiar?)<<

Overreaction #2...

>>You know what happened? A dear friend's father died, and I've been dealing with the fallout from that, made doubly worse by the fact that my friend's younger sister had passed away as well, not three months ago too. So don't get on your high horse about "life being too short" or some other platitude when you can't be held accountable to answer a single question.<<

Judging from what’s going on in your life, I’d think that would resonate with you.
Clearly it did resonate with me, hence my earlier reply.

I’m sorry for your losses, but as they say on DS9, there are only 26 hours in a day, and I’d rather use as much of that time as possible looking for new projects to review than haggle with the same people over and over again about one entry in the list.
So, rather than argue this point you'd rather look for new projects to review. Excellent. There's one I'd like to recommend. It's called "Star Trek: Lost Frontier."