View Single Post
Old June 11 2010, 09:14 PM   #33
MvRojo
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek was completely shut out at the MTV Movie Awards!

Joeman wrote: View Post
MvRojo wrote: View Post
Joeman wrote: View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the less anything that I like is associated with MTV, the better. That channel has been a joke for a long time, and I even have it deleted from my channel list. Their opinions mean nothing to me.
Wow, way to take life too seriously.
Having a strong opinion is taking life way too seriously? Have you watched the shows on that channel? If you like them, more power to you, but I think it's the worst channel on television (and there are a lot of bad ones out there).

Based on their programming decisions, I certainly don't trust them to determine what constitutes a good movie. MTV having a movie awards show is like The Food Network having a music awards show. No credibility there.

If voicing that opinion is "taking life way too seriously", then I guess I'm guilty. Enjoy your MTV.
I'm just saying that the fact you get mad at something for not liking what you like is sad. The MTV Movie Awards has and always will be an entertainment show, not an awards show. Why would you let anything determine what constitutes a good movie to you (and that includes the Oscars)? They're all opinion polls with their own discrete voting groups.
MvRojo is offline   Reply With Quote