Thanks, Adm_Hawthorne, for providing notice of your "Facepalm" thread -- I look forward to finding it when I can -- as well as more quotes and for correcting my mistakes. So here's the updated list:
- "Time to take out the garbage"
- "All we have to do now is... out-think the think tank." ("Think Tank")
- "Time to bring a little chaos to order."
- "Assemble the staff. We're going to find a way to outsmart a smart bomb." ("Warhead")
- "I don't respond well to threats."
- "Time's up"
- "We have to out-ferengi... the Ferengi." ("False Profits")
- "Dismissed. ... That's a Starfleet expression for 'get out'."
- "So, there's one question remaining. Who's hunting the hunters?" ("Prey")
- "I don't like bullies, I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Cullah."
- "With all due respect, unless you've got something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning this ship around." (These last two are a little long and not really quips; I'm considering excluding them. Opinions?)
Again, I think the criteria should be
- Quip-like (ie, not a quote or a saying).
- Overly dramatic
- And as Adm_Hawthorne suggested, worthy of a facepalm: or even !
Note about "quips", from M-W:
- a "clever" usually taunting remark : gibe
- a witty or funny observation or response usually made on the spur of the moment
- something strange, droll, curious, or eccentric : oddity
Again, please copy/paste from the quips of this post and add new ones, make corrections, or provide context. Thanks!