View Single Post
Old June 7 2010, 09:13 PM   #26
Christopher
Writer

Re: 'Tron: Legacy' team mount a 'Black Hole' remake

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Star Wars had little to do with it-it was more like Twenty Thousands Leagues Under The Sea by way of 2001: A Space Odyssey mixed with Star Trek...
Good description. True, Disney was motivated by the success of Star Wars to try to create its own SF epic, but that was just a business influence, not a creative influence.

Base_Delta_Zero wrote: View Post
I hope they show the black hole with an accretion disk drawing matter away from at least one stellar source, instead of empty space. That would be sweet! I haven't seen a black hole depicted in a multi-star system with an accretion disk on TV ever, except for maybe that one time, in Singularity from Season 2 of Enterprise (2002), but that's it, I think. Don't hold me to that, though. I wouldn't want to make an absolute statement and be quickly proven wrong or anything.
If there are any other exceptions, I'm not aware of them. I didn't even remember "Singularity" (since pretty much that whole season of ENT is very forgettable). But I should've known that if anyone would get the astrophysics visuals right, it'd be those guys. The writers/producers of ENT may have been all about the crazy technobabble, but the designers knew their stuff.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote