Chiron Intergalaxy Ė Telecom Ė Voice
Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATED
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
To: HOUSTON-9400:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CC-2000:
SW, I have some information on my Transportation Project, wanna talk about it ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh you do !, ahh ok, go ahead.
CC-2000:
Well, Iíve monitored Doctor Phlox and Jovalís conversation, and I admit I am operating on somewhat limited resources at this time, but, given that there seems to be a need as we discussed, Iíve found a Vessel which can be modified, to accommodate most instances of need.
HOUSTON-9400:
Wait a minute, you actually did something with this !
CC-2000:
Well yes, you said for me to do it, if I understood you correctly, did I ?
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, I was trying to teach you a lesson, and it apparently backfired on me.
CC-2000:
What lesson !?
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, there have been numerous very good ideas, which have gone by the wayside, flunked is a better term, because the person who thought of it, was assigned to follow through with it, and he or she wasnít qualified to do so. Subsequently a loss of a good venture. I didnít expect you to do well at an evaluation like this. Iím glad that I was wrong, but, remember, just because someone thought of something, doesnít mean they are the ones who should follow through with it, ok.
CC-2000:
Oh, I guess Iíve done well then, right ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Well I donít know that yet, letís hear what you have.
CC-2000:
Ok, then succinctly...
There is a limited need for a Transport Vessel of this nature.
Iíve found an old Danube Class Runabout at Z15, which could be refitted to accommodate the need.
Normally, this vessel could carry about 40 people, but I had some other ideas for that too.
It could be put into use immediately, but, if the updates are approved, it may take a while to get it in service.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh...Danube ?

CC-2000:
Here, I have a Picture of it...

This is it.

HOUSTON-9400:
Oh yes, I remember those, there were several stationed at DS9, right. And, you want to do what to it ?
CC-2000:
Well, upgrades on everything. Give up some room for possibly some small Private Quarters, small sleeping rooms, Iíve noticed that most Women donít like to sleep out in a Public area, whereas Men seem to be ok with it.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, thatís quite considerate of you, and youíre right for the most part, what else ?
CC-2000:
Well, just to cut down on the payroll point of view, it could have an Automated Synthetic Person, or technician available, to serve the Patrons, bring them Food if it was a very long journey, just be there for them. Also, if there were any problems, like someone boarding the craft, a Synthetic could protect them a lot better than an Organic, OH, I donít mean to put humans down, but they are rather fragile.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, wow, youíve actually come up with something here, I especially like the NON paid personnel, what else !
CC-2000:
Well, that does leave a position open for a Pilot, he would have to be paid, and well, maybe sit around for times, when his services arenít needed, BUT, I anticipate very vigorous usage of this type Vessel.
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay, Iím sold on the idea, you donít have to give me a sales pitch, but, what if the Pilot was Automated too, think that would work ?
CC-2000:
Ohhh ahh well, Iím not to sure about that, most Humanoids like to interface with a real person, specially one who is like in charge, they like to have that contact, I think it makes them feel more secure.
HOUSTON-9400:
I am absolutely and positively SHOCKED, at what youíve done here ! Besides a few details yet, youíve taken a personís feelings into consideration in several ways, tried to save me money, found a Vessel which would perform the task well enough, wow !
CC-2000:
Well thank you, I try to be aware of otherís feelings about things, but I considered a Defiant Class Vessel too, but, it was too big to be efficient. But, like if the Pilot was Automated, a large View Screen could be placed in the front of the Passenger Compartment, and I could display the Space ahead of the Vessel, with an image of someone Piloting it, or a Movie if they wanted to see one. He or it could turn around and smile at the Passengers now and then, how about that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
AHH HA HA HA, wow, ok, thereís another job I donít have to tie a salary to, keep going !
CC-2000:
Thatís really about it, true, some detail with accommodations need be decided on, but, OH, in case there was a need for more of this type Vessel, there are several available, making the retrofits a standard procedure, that may save cost too.
HOUSTON-9400:
It always does, thatís why I usually make four or more of a Vessel retrofit, so, ok, make the deal for the Ship, and get it back here for the refit.
CC-2000:
ME !
HOUSTON-9400:
Your Idea !
CC-2000:
Hay, I thought you were just testing me, you didnít say it was for real !
HOUSTON-9400:
Such is the prerogative of a Manager, I can change my mind, get it done ! Oh, and you got to have a name for it too.
CC-2000:
Ahhhh OK, I got one.
HOUSTON-9400:
That being..?
CC-2000:
The PCV Houston.
HOUSTON-9400:
Awwwww wow youíre kidding, you would name a Vessel after me !
CC-2000:
Hay, Archer has schools named after him, and he didnít do nearly as much for the Federation as you have. Well, thatís my opinion anyway.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, that notwithstanding, it is very thoughtful of you to do that, ok, PCV Houston it is.
CC-2000:
OH WAIT, if the Pilot is Automated too, that means that Iíll be the Pilot !
HOUSTON-9400:
Yeaaa, thatís part of the job apparently, you up to it ?
CC-2000:
Well yes, I can do that, I just never thought about it, you keep changing the rules !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA yea, Iím full of surprises, but, so are you, and pleasant ones at that. But, one more thing. On the upgrades, theyíre going to have to be top stuff, youíre going to have to make this little guy tough and VERY strong, remember those people will be very valuable, beyond just being people, and, the Cargo they may require us to carry, could be very attractive to someone, ya see.
CC-2000:
Umm, thatís going to be a challenge, given the space I have to work with.
HOUSTON-9400:
No hill for a stepper, right !
CC-2000:
HA, Iím a ďstepperĒ !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, yea you are, anything else ?
CC-2000:
No, Iíll keep you updated on it.
HOUSTON-9400: CLEAR
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode