View Single Post
Old May 30 2010, 07:06 AM   #408
Bryan B)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

Bumping in 3...2...1...

wjaspers wrote: View Post
OK, checked my references and my original TWOK bridge, seems I did scale it to fit the turbolifts. Sorry about that.
The railing is as guessed 20' in diameter, as is the "pit" Chekow and Sulu are sitting in. The outher wall, that would be on the bottom, has a diameter of 35,5'. The ceiling height, that is where all those fancy lights are, is 7,65' heigh. The ceiling height of the bridge INTERIOR dome is 9,9'. The walls go up with a curve of 10,5'.

The dome of the Ent, with a lenght of 1000' has a diameter of 38.8'.

Now, if I put The correct TWOK bridge into the refit, then the bridge fits in very nice, but the turbolifts now are WAY OFF, and I'm afraid they might also fall outside the module. Don't have time right now, but if interested I will put up some pics of the result.

So I guess for CTM, it leaves him using only the TMP bridge in this case. Which is the toughest of them all. OR lower the TUC bridge into the C deck a bit so the turbolifts fall inside the dome. OR use the TUC bridge and put the center backwards toward the airlock.

Anyway, it seems the original builders did line up the center of dome and the center of the turbolifts, but then screwed the proportions. If you take the bridge with a diameter of 35,5' and then put the turbolifts where they are supposed to be from the outside seen, they fall well inside the bridge itself.
I made the mistake of trying to work this math, on another thread. I came up with about 6ft between the bridge dome interior & exterior walls at the base, almost enough to fit in the TUC lift locations, if you prefer... particularly if the bridge floor were lowered about half a deck, like in Jaspers' earlier suggestion.

There's a storyline for that...taking a page from "Mr. Scott's Guide", the 1701A was the first E-size cruiser with transwarp drive, yet the TVH bridge was obviously based on the same systems layout as the 1701. It's conceivable that the 1701A's first outing revealed its M-6 computer was unsuitable for transwarp, and it went straight back for an upgrade to an entirely different (TNG-style) computer core. Along with that came the redesigned TFF bridge, mounted a few feet lower to improve maintenance access to the console-to-core interfaces (which now occupied most of B deck), and also to make room for more topside sensor gear, all without altering the armored outer pressure hull.

Anyway, phenomenal job on the TMP model, CTM! Can't wait for more pics of our favorite ship
Bryan B) is offline   Reply With Quote