View Single Post
Old May 29 2010, 11:45 PM   #44
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: 5x09 Cold Blood (Grading/Discussion) SPOILERS!!!

Exactly. But we have to be polite even when we want to type "WTF, ARE YOU NUTS??!" God forbid we let the place turn into GB.

Me? I loved it! Though I'm sad and bummed by Rory's death. I'm not usually a fan of reset buttons, but I'll be happy to make an exception in this case when it comes to the crack.

Loved how the Silurians turned out. All that just screamed classic Who. Right down to the Science vs Military subplot and the narrow split second escapes. If I had a nickel for everytime we heard "Kill them." "STOP!" back in the old days. I'd...well, I'd have a lot of nickels.

It was so nice to finally see a proper alien civilization. And honestly, unlike the Trek style aliens I was afraid they would turn into, I thought the Silurians were damn cool. And they actually had personalities. Imagine.

Argue all you like about the quality of the CGI. Having grown up on the classic series which had REALY dodgy SFX, I thought it all looked just fine thank you. *Meh, you kids and yer fancy computer effect*

No matter what happens, I'd say we're going to be in for one hell of a season finale.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote