View Single Post
Old May 29 2010, 11:01 PM   #38
Starkers
Admiral

Re: 5x09 Cold Blood (Grading/Discussion) SPOILERS!!!

Cracking episode. Only really let down by too much plot shoved into too short an episode (odd given last week was kinda the reverse)

Loved the CG Silurian underworld, loved loads of Silurians, and I agree with what others have said about hoping we get to see the Doctor show up again in 1000 years.

Rory's death wasn't a shock. Him being retconned out of Amy's memory on the other hand was, and I thought Matt and Karen played it brilliantly.

I disagree that Rory will somehow be back at the end of the season. Nope can't see it. What I can see is somehow the Doctor making it so that Amy at least remembers him. I also don't think the fragments of TARDIS are from Tennant's regeneration, the TARDIS wasn't that banged up. I have a sneaking suspicion that Moffat's pulling a Blakes 7 Orac/Redemption switch. It isn't our TARDIS.

Anyway, in terms of every other late season 2 parter this is clearly the poorest, however it's more comparable to the early season 2 parters, and on that basis I'd put it joint top with the Sontaran 2 parter.