View Single Post
Old May 29 2010, 08:17 PM   #24
Jax
Admiral

Re: 5x09 Cold Blood (Grading/Discussion) SPOILERS!!!

EJA wrote: View Post
You know, I was quite enjoying that until they used the cheap gimmick with the Crack to retcon Rory out of existence. And Amy's a time traveller, but she still totally forgets him?
The Doctor told Amy she would forget but Rory was directly connected to her life and The Doctor won't because hes not human but a Lord of Time, explains why he could stick his hand in the crack.

The Doctor/Tardis in the season finale could cause the crack I suppose though most likely in the 12th episode due to the title of that and survive still. I guess 13th episode will be about closing it.

Also how is it a gimmick, not only does he die but then gets wiped from history a tragedy meant to play on the audience more than the characters though it will stay with the Doctor and hurt more this way.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote