View Single Post
Old May 28 2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Ryan8bit
Commodore
 
Ryan8bit's Avatar
 
Location: St. Paul, MN
Re: This season and this finale: one last thing to ponder...

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
There needs to be both, and there was both, but that doesn't mean they need to be of equal importance.
Yeah, like I said, you have to find the right balance. If you focus on both equally instead of one as 99% and the other 1%, you're probably a lot more likely to please people who focus on one or the other.

At the end of the day, if you have to choose one or the other to wrap up, I choose characters (at least for this show).
No one should have to choose one or the other.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Or the writers wanted to leave leeway for fans to interpret some things for themselves, which some people are happy to do, while others would prefer getting firmer answers.
Some things I'm fine with trying to answer myself, but there are others, like my aforementioned issues about Sayid, that I find a lot more important. And it's important because it really does pertain to the character. If you just get a character who jumps through hoops or goes from A to B for no reason, then I find that to be poor character development.
Ryan8bit is offline