++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SEARCH ALL DATABASES Ė BORG Ė IMPLANTS
TRANSFER DATA Ė COLD STATION SERVER 01
COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST SS472 SENT
REQUEST ACCEPTED

ZEREM-SS472:

Zerem, may I help you ?

CC-2000:
Hello Doctor Zerem, this is the LCARS CC-2000 Computer, we have communicated before.
ZEREM-SS472:
Yes Computer, you need not remind me.
CC-2000:
Oh ahh ok, I have a situation with one of the Borg of the Hugh Conglomeration. His name is Goval, and he wishes that we might help him return to his Home World, and has requested that we remove his Implants. I have just now updated your files on all related material, and I would like your opinion on that. If you need some time to digest or evaluate this request, that is possible.
ZEREM-SS472:
He will die, no new data will change that.
CC-2000:
I understand that, but I wondered if there may be any hope that his Species may have any increased ability to maintain themselves under those circumstances, my question actually being, can you estimate how long he would be able to live, after complete extraction.
ZEREM-SS472:
As I recall, there were several different Species who had their Implants removed, and given the lack of information we have on various Species in general, estimating a variation in his ability to maintain himself would be speculative at best. But, why are you asking this, Iím quite busy, he is only one Borg.
CC-2000:
Doctor, just from my conversation with SW about this, it appears that Goval may be the only one of the Borg which he would like to do this to, wonít you please check the probabilities of his recovery.
ZEREM-SS472:
Well, Iím looking at his file now, heís an Argelian, thatís a Class III Humanoid, he wouldnít last over two months even with an Antibiotic regimen, thatís the problem, the Immune System is disabled, and we just donít know how to restore it.
CC-2000:
I see, but, would installing Nanoprobes help him, donít they have the ability to repair tissue, like that ?
ZEREM-SS472:
Computer, no, itís not a Tissue problem, itís Systemic, nothing works after itís violated like the Implants do, he already has Nanoprobes in him, and if it matters, heís been restricted like the others, from injecting any into another being.
CC-2000:
I donít understand that.
ZEREM-SS472:
One of the first things we do to a new Borg, is prevent him from Assimilating another, by blocking the Tubules from transferring any Nanoprobes. We donít prevent them from extending, just their ability to transmit. Iíve processed all of the Borg at that facility, and the two we have here now for that.
CC-2000:
ALERT RECEIVED Ė COMMUNICATION Ė PCV HERCULES Ė ARRIVED DESTINATION
I see Doctor, but could you estimate just how long it would take to remove Govalís implants ?
ZEREM-SS472:
Ohhh about four hours of Surgery, and given his Species, maybe a week of Recovery. Are we really going to do this ?
CC-2000:
Yes Doctor, it probably will only be for this one person, but Iím sure that it will be ordered soon.
ZEREM-SS472:
Very well then, Iíll start getting things together, itís not a simple procedure.
CC-2000:
ALERT RECEIVED Ė COMMUNICATION Ė PCV OSIRIS Ė ARRIVED DESTINATION
I understand Doctor, and I appreciate your attention to this matter, sincerely.
ZEREM-SS472:
I should say that usually I donít like communicating with Computers at all, but I feel differently with you, you have a nice way about you.
CC-2000:
Well, Iím not sure that all who I communicate with would agree with you, but, communicating with such a competent Physician and efficient Manager as you, has a profound impact on my manners.
ZEREM-SS472:
OH well thank you !, if I can help you with anything else, please let me know, Iím always glad to assist the Corporate Facility when I can, but Iím sure youíll mention that to SW, right.
CC-2000:
OF COURSE !, goodbye Doctor.
ZEREM-SS472: CLEAR
COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
CC-2000:
SW, ya busy ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Naaaaa, just contemplating the fate of the Alpha Quadrant, what ya got ?
CC-2000:
Both of the Osiris and Hercules have arrived at the Conduit, and I have recommended that they take up station behind it. That might give them a Tactical advantage should a Cube exit.
HOUSTON-9400:
Awww CC, that underhanded, youíd shoot a Cube in the back !
CC-2000:
In a heartbeat if I had to SW, our People are ďfirstĒ when it comes to the Borg. But, do you need to speak to the Captains ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Atta boy, but not right now, when everyone shows up Iíll get with them then.
CC-2000:
Understood, and I have spoken to Doctor Zerem about doing the Implant extractions on Goval.
HOUSTON-9400:
That was fast, whatíd he have to say ?
CC-2000:
As the records support, he wasnít all that hopeful for any extended period of life. He said Goval may have a couple months, and that was with Antibiotics, the Immune System is the problem evidently.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, I read that somewhere, but how far does he live from Cold Station ?
CC-2000:
Oh, Goval is an Argelian, thatís Argelius II, here in the Alpha Quadrant.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh well, thatís not bad then, just about anyone can run him over there. But one wonders how in the world the Borg got hold of an Argelian ?
CC-2000:
SW, Captain Maxwell is on CCom for you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Put him through CC.
CC-2000:
PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R CONNECT TO CCOM

MAXWELL RR-1:

SW, Iím all loaded up now, and WOW, I saw how the Modules were loaded, stacked for Thara, thatís slick as a Babyís butt, HA !

HOUSTON-9400:
CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
THEY DID HAVE SOME HELP THERE !
HA yea I know, but I suppose you can leave now, gotta keep those customers happy.
MAXWELL RR-1:
I understand, and I see I have a new Route, right !
HOUSTON-9400:
Just temporary Ben, wanna keep you close to the Conduit, just in case, ok.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Understood Boss, and you know weíll smoke um if we have to.
CC-2000:
SW, Captain Thara on CCom.
PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H CONNECT TO CCOM

THARA- CAP-1:

SW, excuse me for butting in, but weíve got the Modules set, and are about to leave, that ok ?

HOUSTON-9400:
Sure Thara, and this time you can pour the Coal to that old Bird, ok.
THARA- CAP-1:
Understood SW, and we have a new temporary Route as well, so goodbye for now.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Stay safe Thara !
HOUSTON-9400:
Same here Thara, and bye.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well SW, like I said, if you need me just say so, weíre ready and willing to help.
HOUSTON-9400:
Thanks Ben, Iím sure hoping Iím overreacting to this, but Iíll keep that in mind, bye.
THARA- CAP-1: CLEAR
PCV AGAMEMNON CHIGCO A38Y5H RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R RETURN TO STANDARD MONITORING
HOUSTON-9400:
Well CC, no outburst of enthusiasm about the possibility of going to War !
CC-2000:
No SW, Iíve been reviewing the ďTeachings of SarekĒ.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH GEES, not VULCAN LOGIC !
CC-2000:
HA HA HA !
HOUSTON-9400:
WHEW !, by CC.
HOUSTON-9400: Clear
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote