::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
To:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CC-2000:
SW, I have an update for you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Letís have it !
CC-2000:
The Agamemnon has arrived, and moving into position to receive the extra Modules for the Zeus.
And if no delays occur, Captain Thara should be able to arrive at the Conduit in six hours.
The Chironís Dilithium Cargo has been unloaded, and it resupplied for its standard Route.
The Osiris and Hercules should arrive at the Transwarp Conduit exit within twenty minutes.
The Zeus will arrive there in one hour.
I have contacted the Hugh Conglomerate, and they are anxiously awaiting the Cattle, and one of them is very disgruntled with his situation there.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohh gees, I forgot about those whatevers, oh yea Cattle, for them. But you say one of them is disgruntled, how ?
CC-2000:
It is the group member Goval, he, well, he has a family, wife and children, and...well, he wants to be with them quite badly. I...I just didnít know what to tell him other than to remind him of his Implants, and the outcome of removing them.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, whatís the matter, you sound like youíre very sad, I think !
CC-2000:
I am, really am, oh SW, if you could only have heard him, heís in SO much pain, not physically, but he wants to be with his family so much, it really made me sad to hear him pleading with me for help. I told him that removing them completely would mean his death, and he said that would be preferable, as long as he could be with his family when he died.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh wow CC, I am SO sorry you had to hear that, Iím not saying that Iím unconcerned with what heís going through, but yes, I remember about those Borg who removed their Implants, they died, and thereís nothing we can do about that at our present level of technology.
CC-2000:
Are you sure SW, isnít there anything we can do, maybe..remove the implants and take him back to his home world, anything..please...
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh wow CC, youíre crying I think, your voice is shaking just like you were a real person.
CC-2000:
Iím sorry, I canít help it, I just feel so SO bad that those people have had to go through that, and so many still are. I realize now what you feel like, wanting to help them like you do.
HOUSTON-9400:
I know I know exactly what youíre feeling, but let me tell you something...
When I was in Star Fleet, coming up through the ranks, First Officer then Captain, I had to make a LOT of hard choices. Many times putting people that I thought so highly of, in harmís way, and knowing, really knowing that I may never see them again.
This is not much different than that, thereís just a point where you have to put your personal feelings aside, and proceed as best you can.
I donít want...I can't tell you not to care, but, you must learn to deal with those issues, put them aside for the good of what we can do, ok.
CC-2000:
Yes, I understand SW, but it really hurts to know people like that are in such pain. There must be thousands, no, millions of Drones taken away from their families, even worlds, OHHH WORLDS, how can I hate them and care too !
HOUSTON-9400:
Aww buddy, I hear your pain and confusion SO well, been there as you know, you remember my ďhumanĒ vacillations about the Borg, remember...itís a hard choice, but you must put it in prospective, and go on about your business as best you can.
CC-2000:
Yes, of course, thereís nothing we can do. SO many of them, where would we start even.
HOUSTON-9400:
I donít have an answer for that, but, we can keep an eye out for one, maybe Dr. Zerem can give us an idea if that removal technology is any better than it was, Iíd like to help that guy out, I had a family once, not that it worked out all that well for me, but I know how much I miss my son, and what we could have had together, I know.
CC-2000:
Ok yes, can I ask Doctor Zerem about it, or should you ?
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, you know how much that might cost. The expertise involved, facilities, youíre asking me to maybe put out a big chunk for just one of them.
CC-2000:
I know SW, but I want to help him out SO much, you didnít hear him like I did, heís just in agony, please, can we just help one, him ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Well ok, IF Dr. Zerem can do that, but listen, and listen CLOSE !
You are NOT to tell anyone about this, not Hugh, not any other member of his group, or, weíre going to have ALL of them wanting to get something done to them. Iím sorry, but, I just canít take on that level of responsibility, is that understood.
CC-2000:
OH YES YES YES, I understand completely ! I wonít say a word to anyone I promise ! But, ahh...how am I going to do this ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Check it out with Zerem first, see what it will take, then discuss it with me. Then, once we have that information, we can come up with a plan. Thatíll probably be, just get him out of there without any fanfare, do it at Cold Station, and see if we can get him home before he dies. I donít even know how long he would have, this may be a mute point, if his home world is on the outer edge of the Delta Quad, or some remote area like that, or if it even exists still, see.
CC-2000:
YES !, ohhhh I feel better already, at least weíre doing something.....but....heís going to die anyway, isnít he.
HOUSTON-9400:
Probably CC, but knowing that ďweĒ did something, regardless of how little it was, will really make him happy, and I think it will make us happy too, wonít it !
CC-2000:
OH YES SW, it will, thank you for helping him, I know itís going to cost a lot, but, itís just the right thing to do, isnít it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, it is, and Iím wondering now, just whoís better off, ha, you or Commander Data.
CC-2000:
He wouldnít have given this a second thought, would he.
HOUSTON-9400:
Probably not.
CC-2000:
Well, thatís his problem, somehow, I think I like it, when I care about something.
HOUSTON-9400:
I like that too CC, a LOT. Anything else ?
CC-2000:
No, thatís it SW, and thanks, not only for helping with that Borg, but, talking to me like this, it really means a lot to me.
HOUSTON-9400:
No problem, youíd be surprised as to how good it makes me feel too. Ok...bye.
CC-2000:
Bye for now SW.
HOUSTON-9400: Clear
CC-2000: Clear
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote