View Single Post
Old May 21 2010, 01:30 AM   #62
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Re: How do Niners feel about TNG?

^ I agree Nerys, it is worrysome. However, what strikes me as odd is that there are some Humans who continue to hold on to their religious/spiritual beliefs into the 24th century - look no farther than Chakotay for that. Also, we know that the major Western religions, at least Christianity, survived until the time of ENT - as Phlox at one point says he attended a mass at St. Peter's in Rome and familiarized himself with other Earth religions.

What I'll like to know is what happened to the major religions of the world between the 22nd and 24th centuries that caused them all to virtually disappear, but left other, less widespread ones, in place.

As a side-note, from a production point-of-view, I find it highly disturbing that TPTB are essentially saying that some religions, like Chakotay's, are okay, but others, like Christianity, are not. You can't have it both ways. Either Humans have no religions at all anymore, or it's okay for them all to still exist.