View Single Post
Old May 19 2010, 01:14 AM   #188
TOS Purist
Commander

Send a message via AIM to TOS Purist Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TOS Purist
Re: Where did Spock go?

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
TOS [...] will never, ever be consistant with itself, let alone it's sequels and prequels.
Now that's just a false statement and I'm a little tired of hearing it everywhere. Out of all the other cheesy spin-offs that followed, TOS kept itself the most internally-consistent. And besides, if a sequel/prequel makes minor errors that are easily overlooked, that's one thing. But blatant, glaring, easily-avoidable inconsistencies are another thing entirely.

Warped9 wrote: View Post
So I think TOS is the real and best Star Trek. Hello? It's THE ORIGINAL SERIES. It can't help but be real Star Trek because it established everything. And if I use it as the baseline by which I assess anything that follows then what's wrong with that? What unwritten law have I broken?
Holy shit my man, you have no idea how gratifying it is for me to read that. It's incredible for me to see, because I'm usually the only one saying that, so to see someone else post that is very affirming and encouraging indeed. Just FYI.