View Single Post
Old May 18 2010, 04:14 AM   #44
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: Re-branding Smallville as a Superman show (spoilers up to S9 final

Checkmate wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
it makes sense to have him go into TV news or something online instead of print journalism.
It might make sense for him to go into TV news as a writer or someone on the production side of things. However, him being an on-air anchor makes no sense as his face is viewed by tons of people daily. Eventually, someone would make a connection. At least, as a newspaperman, his face is hidden from a vast majority of people.
If people as close to him as Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, or Perry White are, none of which have managed to make the connection (except in one-off stories, or the slight hint that they suspect as much -- though those hints have nothing to do with how he looks), I seriously doubt if people who only see him for half an hour a day, tops, would.
Fair point. But the risk factor opens up greatly if you are on TV. Also, at that time in the comics, Clark was acting much more bumbling and weak in order to keep up the illusion. Average Joe watching TV wouldn't see that, unless Clark delivered the news like the "Boom, Goes The Dynamite" Guy. But if he did that, his ass would be fired before the commercial break.

I know the glasses are the conceit that you have to run with, but Clark as a news anchor just breaks my suspension of disbelief.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote