View Single Post
Old May 17 2010, 07:43 PM   #112
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Where did Spock go?

Okay, this argument is getting downright silly.

Here we have the OP, who is a self-proclaimed TOS purist, who for one reason or another simply cannot accept any Star Trek productions past TMP as "legitimate, official" Star Trek, trying to rationalize how this new movie does not work within his own personal beliefs.

See how silly arguing with this person is? He will never, ever accept anything that doesn't fit his own take on ST, even if it's the actual Trek producers who are calling the shots. That's why I told him that he can believe whatever he wants to believe, if it makes him happy. It's pointless to argue with him because he's already made up his mind no matter how flimsy his evidence is.

Now I'm not putting the OP down. Warped9, I've read many of your posts, and you seem to be a pretty smart guy who knows his shit about Star Trek. But trying to have a logical, rational discussion with someone who cannot think outside the box in regards to post-TOS Trek is a meaningless endeavor, and you'll find that most people are not going to agree with your line of thinking, especially in regards to this post about the new film. So as far as I'm concerned, we'll agree to disagree.

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Abrams's plan was doomed to failure.
Excuse me? Star Trek '09 was a huge success, making the most money of any Trek film ever. How is that a "failure?"

Last edited by Boo-khat; May 17 2010 at 07:57 PM.
Dukhat is offline   Reply With Quote