Old May 17 2010, 12:37 AM   #96
Joker
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joker
Re: Where did Spock go?

StarryEyed wrote: View Post
elton wrote: View Post
StarryEyed wrote: View Post
Temis is glad Star Trek isn't dead? I have news for her: It's undead! We didn't get Star Trek back. We got a walking, rotting corpse in disguise. I'd rather put the corpse to rest and cherish and celebrate all the wonderful stuff it gave us rather than have its name soiled by this filthy succubus.
We need another reality check, I think.

Don't sit and gratify yourself with a fucking fantasy that Real Spock is still out there somewhere, and that the new movie had an imposter.
You're confusing me with Waped9. I don't worry about who the "Spock" character in Star Trek XI was. I simply don't accept the movie as Star Trek. As for a "fucking fantasy that real Spock is out there," are you nuts? NONE of it is real, obviously. Therefor, we are all free to have our own Star Trek universe, including what we we like and discarding what we don't like. If you see differently than it is you who have issues.

On the practical side, us Galaxy Quest nerds have filled the pockets of CBS (or whoever owns Star Trek now) and has made the continued production of these movies possible. I'm one of those losers who has most of Trek on DVD (except for Enterprise and this latest abortion) but I'll not be spending another cent on this franchise as long as they go in this direction. I'll be voting with my wallet.
Most of that wasn't directed at you, as you observed.

No, I don't have issues... I understand that Star Trek is a franchise that will go wherever the hell its writers take it, without my consent. If I don't like it, I'll call it "crap" and go fishing.

Abrams' job right now is to produce Star Trek. He's doing that. Others have done, no doubt others will do. We've been here before, and we'll be here again. Abrams decided to write Spock into the movie as a superficial bridge from the old stuff to the new stuff. That was nice. Spock can have a half-brother, inner-eyelids, mind-control, telepathy, super-strength, pon farr, sensitivity to kryptonite and a dozen other contrived attributes that had never been seen before and were never seen again.

Now, Spock was in the new movie too. What a guy. He goes everywhere.

Of all the incredible things he's done, including dying and being resurrected, mind-melding with V'Ger's electrical outlet, and surviving having his brain removed while being remote-controlled by a small box with 8 buttons, this one is pretty tame by comparison.

There really is nothing to see here except pitiful fanboy desperation and frustration.