View Single Post
Old May 16 2010, 02:30 AM   #263
Angelsilhouette
Lieutenant

Re: Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Excelsior wrote: View Post
Angelsilhouette wrote: View Post
Agreed. The Blaze Prometheus bridge is one of my faves. (I love how my helm/tactical officers are only 7m away instead of 18 like my star cruiser bridge.) Two things would elevate it in my opinion, one would be to have my XO's seat next to mine, the other would be to have my other three officers at the unoccupied stations. I'm quite fond of the Voyager style bridges, but if they could go on a bit of a diet and be the size of the Prometheus bridges (23m diameter), they would take my top spot.

Excelsior wrote: View Post
went and bought the pack as soon as it went into the C-Store, even though I won't have access to them for aaaaages yet!
Why not, you should be able to put it into any ship, even your Miranda/Shi'kar/Centaur
<Ahem!> That's TOS Constitution, thankyouverymuch!

Didn't know that about C-Store Bridge Packs, although t'be honest, I don't really like the idea of that. With the Prometheus bridges, they're not that far from Excelsior/Constitution-refit bridges anyway (...because it's just a redress of the same set! ), but it just feels a bit wrong to whack one class of bridge into a different class of ship. Gets my canon-sense tingling...
I put the new Blaze bridge into all of my ships. It is far less canon-breaking to have something so close to actual canon in my ships than to have that stupid 41m (135 foot) diameter star cruiser bridge in my cruisers.

See this statue? It's 135 feet tall. If you laid it down, it would fit within the confines of the C-store star cruiser bridge. Your captain's chair would be very near its belly button and your view screen would be about 15 feet wide and between the statue's feet. For me, that is canon-breaking. Before the Blaze bridge, I would have been begging to have the Defiant or Voyager style bridge for all of my ships. (Though the Voyager and TOS style are my favourite bridges ever.) I'm still not completely satisfied, but I'm going to stop complaining about the scale issues now that I've got a bridge with which I can finally feel comfortable.

=edit=

I've added pictures of the Nomad class and Blaze bridge to the http://startrekonlinestuff.com/ database. I'd post the Blaze pics, here, but I can't be bothered to size them down. :3

Last edited by Angelsilhouette; May 16 2010 at 03:52 AM.