View Single Post
Old May 15 2010, 09:22 PM   #2615
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

3D Master wrote: View Post
Nope, wrong. Plotholes have nothing to do with taste. Plotholes are plotholes are plotholes. Outright contradictions are worse so, and remain outright contradictions regardless of your taste.

Plotholes are objective.

People denying them, is deliberately trying to make a movie better than it really is. That's probably the worst anyone liking this movie; that they spend their time defending plotholes, or trying to say they aren't there; THAT is subjective, not only subjective, it is irrational.

Pointing out plotholes is not. And if people liking this movie were rational, they'd say, yes, indeed, the movie is filled and filled with plotholes, bad sets, barely disguised, or not disguised at all sets, it makes this movie bad, but I like it anyway.

Instead, they spend their time denying them, or claiming that the people who noticed the plotholes and point them out, are merely subjective, biased, childish, "producing a tempest", etc. etc.

Yes, indeed, you CAN judge a movie objectively, if you're honest enough. There are several movies that I like, that are bad movies, and I will tell so, honestly.
While plot holes are more objective, you are not being objective. The vast majority of your complaints have been wholly subjective, your posts laced with contempt that is also subjective. There are plot holes in this movie, yes. As there are in most movies where one has to fabricate something from nothing, there will be mistakes. That does not, however, invalidate the movie, neither does it make a movie "bad".

Your dislike of the movie is a subjective one, based on personal opinion in matters of taste. That is fine, but let us not defer it, by proxy, to matters that are objective, in an effort to validate your own personal tastes.
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote