View Single Post
Old May 14 2010, 11:38 PM   #35
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Saban re-acquires rights to 'Rangers'

Christopher wrote: View Post
I did a 3-part overview of the Power Rangers saga to date on my blog, beginning here:

http://christopherlbennett.wordpress...power-rangers/
Interesting stuff. Page 3 is probably the most shamelessly heterosexual anaylsis of the series I've ever seen.

BTW, what did you mean by, "It was dark, but it was also funny, with great witty dialogue (Guzelian has a knack for it) and hilarious, biting deconstructions of longstanding Power Rangers tropes. Yet even as the show made fun of PR conventions, it simultaneously managed to concoct almost plausible-sounding scientific explanations for them reconstructing even as it deconstructed"? What kind of conventions did it deconstruct?

I decided to check out how some of these Rangers' careers have been going since they left the show.
- Of course, Amy Jo Johnson has clearly had the most success of any of them, landing regular roles on Felicity & Flashpoint.
- Walter Jones has had a decent career of supporting roles and guest roles on various TV shows & B movies. His biggest post-Ranger role was on the Nickelodeon sci-fi series Space Cases (many episodes of which were written by Peter David and Bill Mumy and occasionally featured a pre-Firefly Jewell Staite). He also had a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as one of the frat boys throwing the Halloween party in "Fear Itself."
- Patricia Ja Lee has been doing more anime voice over work it seems.
- Unfortunately, IMDB shows scant few credits for Austin St. John, Jason David Frank, Tracy Lynn Cruz, or Catherine Sutherland. (Except Catherine Sutherland was in that Jennifer Lopez movie The Cell.)