To: CHAMBERS-PQ252:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, get me Dr. Zerem, ok.

COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T SECURED:
ZEREM-SS472:
COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE – NO RESPONSE FROM CLIENT

CC-2000:
SW, he is not answering, do you wish me to continue to attempt contact?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh...no, that’s ok then...OH, how about that other Doctor, Rice Chambers, try him.
CC-2000:
REDIRECT TO PERSONAL QUARTERS #252

CHAMBERS-PQ252:
WHAT !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh hello, Dr. Chambers, is that you ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Who is that, I’m not ready yet !
HOUSTON-9400:
Dr. Chambers, this is S. W. Houston, you got a minute ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
WHO ?
HOUSTON-9400:
S. W. Houston, I tried to get in touch with Dr. Zerem, but he didn’t answer. Can we use the Telcom, ok ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
S. W. Houston......OH !...ahh....wait, let me adjust the monitor... I’m not exactly presentable.

There, I’m sorta nake...I just got out of the Shower, sorry, I thought it was Becca.

HOUSTON-9400:
That’s ok, ahh...Becca ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh Dr. Rebecca Silberstein, she’s on my Team, were coworkers here, Sir.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ah, I see, but like I said, I couldn’t get hold of Dr. Zerem, I hope I haven’t caught you at a bad time.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
NO no, that’s ok, I was just getting ready for Dinner with some of my friends, there’s no rush, how can I help you, Sir ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Everyone calls me SW, ok, and well, I spoke to Dr. Zerem about a Test for Malachi, and he said that he was going to get you to do it.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh yes, his Sperm Count, and it’s not just it, given that he’s not been active, we need to do a series.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh, I see, I don’t know much about that, so...umm, it’s going to take several of those test then ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Yes, we need to establish continuity in his reproductive system, the first and possibly second test aren’t much value, sorta watery, sorry about the analogy.
HOUSTON-9400:
That’s ok, I didn’t know it would be so involved, but...well, ahh...just how is that done ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Ahhh SW, that’s a little hard to explain, kinda personal too, I don’t usually discuss things like that with someone other than the Patient.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH..ahh well sure...ok, I just thought that since he wasn’t a....well he’s...
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
You don’t think he’s a real person, is that what you’re thinking ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Uooo...well, I guess maybe I hadn’t considered that, I suppose he’s as real as anyone, I guess.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh yes, quite real, wakes up in the morning, looks around, eats, sleeps, everything that you and I do, well, almost.

CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
SW, I’m picking up something in Dr. Chambers voice and expressions, me may becoming angry, though I have not observed him sufficiently to be absolutely sure.

HOUSTON-9400:
Uooo..look Dr. Chambers, Rice, if I may, I’m sorry if I seemed a little insensitive, I’m just not used to dealing with issues like this, please be patient with me, I’m really interested in how Malachi is doing, his well being, really, ok.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well ok, I’m sorry too, I suppose having been with him like I have, sorta, well, makes me a little protective with him.
HOUSTON-9400:
Really, ahh wow, I knew that you had been Working Out, running, doing stuff like that, but, you imply more ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
HA, more, yea, like from the start, wiping his butt then teaching him how to do it on his own, combing his hair, brushing his teeth, eating with a spoon, then a fork, he’s not to the point of using a Knife yet, teaching him stuff like that, you didn’t expect him just to know things like that, did you ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohhhh wow, look, ahh...I’m sorry, I didn’t know it would take anything like that, wow...ahh, I guess I did think he’d be...what, grown, an adult, wow, now that I think about it, it’s just like he was a Baby, doesn’t know anything, does he !
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Nope, well he’s coming along pretty good, but it will take a while longer.
HOUSTON-9400:
Rice, I really am under informed about this stuff, somehow I thought we could just connect the Computer to him, and everything would just happen.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Can’t just do that SW, what if there’s an interruption in the connection, he’ll be on his own, he absolutely must be able to function, breathe, have a Flight Response to danger, eat, protect himself from cold and heat, you see that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh......of course, how stupid I must sound to you, I just never considered those issues, and beyond that, you, well...you’ve been much more than just a Physician, you’re kinda like his Mom or Dad, teaching him stuff like that, aren’t you.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
I guess you could say that, but it’s the first time I’ve ever done anything like this, it’s been an experience I wouldn’t trade for anything, and..well, I’ll never have a chance to do it for myself.

CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
SW, he’s holding something back, not lying, but not telling it all.

HOUSTON-9400:
I see, and I agree, I’ve had a brief encounter like what you’ve described, had a Son, but it was rather short lived, my wife and I didn’t get along, and well, I didn’t get a chance to follow through with it.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, you really missed out on it, just today, Malachi was eating, and I and Becca were standing away from him, just observing him, and he, well, I guess I was sorta proud of seeing him using the Utensils properly and he looked up at me. I guess I sorta had a moment of weakness, and let a tear run down my cheek, I was real happy for him. But anyway, he saw it, and he got up rushed over and hugged me, and I just couldn’t hold it back, I cried like a baby, seeing him demonstrate his concern for me. Then Becca started crying, and the other guys came over and, well...we sorta had a group hug, it was a pretty wonderful feeling.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh my heavens....I had NO idea. YES, I understand that, I would have given anything to be there and experienced that with you, not that I deserve it, but I DO understand what’s happening now.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
But anyway SW, that’s my problem, I got to get over stuff like that, there’s no telling now may of these Clones that might be made, and, I’ll just have to deal with it.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well Rice, you probably are right, the way this is going so far, just may warrant more of these beings. But, that doesn’t diminish the commitment and heart you’ve put into this, and though as an outsider it may not have much impact, but, I sincerely appreciate what you’ve done, thank you.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Hay, it’s part of the job, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right !
HOUSTON-9400:
Yes you do, and I see you’re trying to lighten the mood here, so, do you have any Pediatric experience ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
No, I’m Bio-Medical and a MD, but I think we have one of our group who did an Internship in Pediatrics, I’ve Interned in Special Education too, I think that’s why Zerem had me continue with Malachi.
HOUSTON-9400:
Special Ed, that’s kinda like for retarded children, possibly Autistics, right, but you don’t look old enough to have done all that !
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
HA, I get that a lot SW, but I had my PHD in Bio-Med, before I was 20 years old, I have three other Degrees as well, nobody out here is under-educated to put it mildly. But Malachi is not all that much different from an Autistic child, there’s a little conflict psychologically for him, being so strong, and SO SO dedicated to doing things right, I could tell him to pushup a billion pound weight, and he’d try till it killed him, I think, it’s just great working with him.
HOUSTON-9400:
Gees Rice, I envy you SO much, going through that, seeing your work take shape and develop like he has, but, tell me, you said that you’d never have a chance to do it for yourself, why do you say that ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh...ahh well, I’m not married, and...well, probably will never be.
HOUSTON-9400:
I see, ahh...are you just not interested in Women ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
So what if I’m not, you got a problem with that ?
HOUSTON-9400:
No, I sure don’t, your sexual preferences have nothing to do with what I hired you for, plus, you haven’t said you were Gay anyway, I don’t know that, nor am I asking it. But, if you are, I sincerely feel from talking to you, that it won’t affect your professional ethics in any way, and I mean that.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Oh, that’s nice of you, I’m glad I’ve given that impression, I wouldn’t let anything like that come between Malachi and me, I don’t want that to be an issue, we will at some point have to let the other go.
HOUSTON-9400:
Uoo yea, I’m sure that’s going to be rough, would be for me under those circumstances. But, keep this in mind, what you’re doing out there for me, only makes it better, getting him ready for a life on his own for all general purposes, and one thing for sure, you DO have my gratitude for that.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, I appreciate you saying that SW, not many know about how things have been out here, and someone saying thanks, REALLY means a lot, so thanks for saying that.
HOUSTON-9400:
No problem, but, back to why I called. Just how long, how many test will it take to see if he’s “potent”?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
Well, a few, maybe quite a few, it depends on how quickly his natural functions are able to respond. Like I said it’s not going to be very potent at first, but as his system responds to the demand, he should start producing just like any normal person, it’ll take time, and we can’t predict the outcome.
HOUSTON-9400:
I understand, and, I’ll try to contain my interest and not badger you TOO much about it.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
HA, it seems like Malachi has two Dads now.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA right, but Zerem only showed me a couple pictures of him, are there any more ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
No, and I had a hard time getting those, Malachi doesn’t like that for some reason, he doesn’t like to see his image on a monitor. But, maybe I can sneak a picture of him in, I’ll try.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha ok, I appreciate that, but I don’t want to upset him. Anyway, it was really great talking to you, and I hope you don’t mind me calling back, I’m real interested in his progress, ok ?
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
No problem SW, call anytime you want, I really enjoy bragging about him, senseless as that sounds.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, I know what you mean, but I’ll let you go now, bye.
CHAMBERS-PQ252:
By SW.
CHAMBERS-PQ252: Clear
COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T CHANNEL CLOSED
CC-2000:
SW, Dr. Chambers seemed a lot more relaxed as your conversation progressed, markedly after you expressed yourself about sexual preferences.
HOUSTON-9400:
Really, ahh...do you know what Gay means, and I hope I don’t regret asking.
CC-2000:
Yes SW, Gay as a term which is used instead of the word Homosexual, generally applied to Males of that predilection, though it is used at some times to describe Homosexual interests of Males and Females. Females which have those tendencies, are properly called Lesbian, though....
HOUSTON-9400:
OK OK, I see you got that, but do you really know what happens, between persons of the same sex, in an act of sex ?
CC-2000:
No I do not SW, I have never seen such an act between persons of the same sex, or opposite.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh ok, given your curiosity in things, I wouldn’t have put it past you, to have found out somehow.
CC-2000:
SW, yes, I have done extensive research in Human characteristics, I feel it is necessary to perform the duty of assuming control of Malachi as a tool for you. Humans are rather fragile, and I want to be able to operate Malachi within his physical and psychological parameters.
HOUSTON-9400:
Really, I GOT to give Leyor a raise now. But, that really surprises me, you are aware of our limits, we break, get sick, are hungry, tired, have to bathe and go to the bathroom, stuff like that !
CC-2000:
Yes SW, I know of all your needs, well, I must learn much more as well as it applies to Malachi directly, but I am already aware of many things like that. It has been quite informative observing Dr. Chambers and his staff.
HOUSTON-9400:
Oh right...but when did you start that, how long ?
CC-2000:
From the first SW, I have witnessed everything, he designed the physical parameters for Malachi’s Bioneural Living Cell implant, through the installation, his and the others daily maintenance of Malachi, all of it SW.
HOUSTON-9400:
Implant. Ohhhh ok, then Malachi has some of his own brain still in him, right !
CC-2000:
Yes SW, those calculations for just how much was of great concern to Dr. Chambers, he spent hours checking and rechecking those specifications, the normal tissue which remained, was for Malachi’s rote functions and the fulfillment of his basic needs, in case of a systems failure on my part.
HOUSTON-9400:
I got it now, I didn’t actually put that in prospective, so it was Chambers that actually did the Implanting, and his Team, other Doctors, Surgeons, right ?
CC-2000:
Actually SW, there wasn’t any Surgery involved in the traditional sense, it was a Medical Transport extraction and implantation, they “beamed” it in for lack of a better term. There were literally thousands of neural connections that were required.
HOUSTON-9400:
THOUSANDS, wow, how in the world did they accomplish that, gees !
CC-2000:
They didn’t, I made those connections SW, I was in control of the Transporter, his life support equipment, blood gas analysis, the...”whole enchilada” as you have put it before.

CC-2000:
Hello, SW, is there something wrong with the Audio, or are you pondering my statement as you have previously done ?

HOUSTON-9400:
Pondering again CC, but, getting used to stuff like you just told me, wow.
CC-2000:
“No hill for a stepper”, as Captain Pressman would put it.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, you been monitoring his CCom, other stuff he does ?
CC-2000:
I do that to everyone SW, I have connections all over the place, nothing happens that I’m not aware of, unless you press that F9 Key.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, that won’t happen very often, but, could you report about Malachi, what he’s doing right now for instance ?
CC-2000:
Of course SW, he’s in his room sleeping, it’s evening at Cold Station 12.
HOUSTON-9400:
HIS room, oh ok that’s good, I just thought he might be in a Medical Bed, attended in some way, or something like that.
CC-2000:
Not for quite a while now SW, but he is looked in on, one of the Technicians did another extraction of his Semen earlier.
HOUSTON-9400:
A Tech, oh, I thought it would require a Doctor !
CC-2000:
No SW, from what I saw, that level of Medical credentials apparently are not required, though there is some ability required, it seems easier for one of them.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohhh gees, I hope I’m not going to regret this, but, what did you see ?
CC-2000:
Well SW, the first time two of the Techs went into Malachi’s room, and they told him they were about to do a Test, then they removed his underwear and had him sit on the edge of the bed and lay back, and one sat beside him, while the other got down on his kne....
HOUSTON-9400:
I GOT IT, that’s enough explanation ! Uoo well, I just wasn’t sure just how they were going to perform that Test, but ok, I guess.
CC-2000:
Malachi seemed to enjoy it quite a bit SW, and when the other Tech came back later, Malachi just got into position and he didn’t have as much difficulty as the first Tech had.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohhh gees, I know I'm getting in to this too far, but I’ll ask anyway. Why do you think the second Tech did it easier ?
CC-2000:
I think it was Malachi’s physical parameters, it looks like it’s is about 21 or 22 centimeters long and rather thick, but the second Tech easily got all the way dow....
HOUSTON-9400:
I GOT IT, thanks, that’s enough explanation on that point too. But, what are they doing, taking turns on him !
CC-2000:
I suppose so SW, Dr. Chambers said it he would have to be Tested several times, I presume that sharing of duties like that, would be appropriate, and it’s something that Malachi apparently enjoys for some reason.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahhhh yea, I can see that, OH, but are these Techs Male or Female ?
CC-2000:
Males, there is only one Female in that Department, that being Dr. Rebecca Silberstein, and she has not been assigned to Test Malachi.
HOUSTON-9400:
Aww well, that’s a little one sided, I hope Malachi doesn’t get too used to just Males Testing him like that.
CC-2000:
SW, may I ask a question, it seems like you’re having a bit of difficulty discussing this Testing Procedure, may I know why ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Uoo wow, ahhh...well, I really can’t put it into words at this moment, let me think about it, and I’ll get back to you on that later, ok.
CC-2000:
Certainly SW, I enjoy discussing issues with you so very much, and appreciate your guidance in so many ways, thank you.
HOUSTON-9400:
You’re welcome CC, but another thing, has Dr. Chambers ever Tested Malachi like that ?
CC-2000:
No SW, I have no record of that, he is with Malachi quite a bit, but the Testing was assigned to the Techs.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well ok, but, you keep monitoring Malachi’s Testing and other training done.
CC-2000:
Of course SW, is there anything else ?
HOUSTON-9400:
No, that’s it for now, bye.
CC-2000:
Good bye SW, and have a good evening.
HOUSTON-9400: Clear
CC-2000: Clear
CC-2000 Return to Standard Monitoring

Last edited by SWHouston; May 12 2010 at 05:43 PM.
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote