View Single Post
Old May 11 2010, 07:12 PM   #267
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Rojixus wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
Rojixus wrote: View Post
Why not? If we did so, we would have been out of there by now. You should never go half-assed in war, you either use all your might or you don't fight at all. Terror must be fought with terror, anything that threatens your existence must be wiped out completely and without mercy. To not do so is the height of stupidity.
Somehow I knew you'd say that...and really there is no point in discussing this with you with that childish, simplistic viewpoint..

RAMA
I see you have degenerated to personal attacks when you are unable to refute my position. Oftentimes, simplicity is best. It is that Postmodernist "there is no single right answer" nonsense that will be our undoing. Life is not a shade of gray, it is black and white, right or wrong, good or evil. Those who sit idly by and permit evil to exist are evil themselves, Picard was wrong because he allowed the Borg to continue their unethical ways all so he can claim to do the right thing. He has blood on his hands.
I really have no need to refute your position, I consider the fallacy of your argument obvious..the war colleges and academies in the US cover morality in war...I'm afraid your argument wouldn't get much credibilty, intellectually or legally. Aside from the geo-political position, which you seem to not even consider, there is a question of atomic radiation involved, and of course the questionable morality. Its an "all or nothing" position, which is intellectually immature and spurious..much Like George W's proclamation "if you aren't with us, you are against us.." Ugh, the black and white position simple doesn't work, there are so many grays in life. I feel sorry for you if all your decisions are based on this. If this seemed personal, its because people who go around condoning the deaths of millions (especially those technologically incapable of causing us direct harm) don't really deserve a lot of respect in my book. All I can say is I am still glad there are a lot of people in government and in the Pentagon who are rational and don't fall prey to this sort of thinking, because we'd have been wiped off the face of the Earth by now. So this is really the last time I'll discuss this with you..

RAMA