View Single Post
Old May 9 2010, 12:00 AM   #22
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Re: Best Marvel comics of the past 10 years

JD wrote: View Post
You know what, just to make things simpler I'm gonna go ahead and post what they have.

Annihilation (2006) 1-6
Do it! Do it! Do it!

This cosmic title is win

Astonishing X-Men (2004) 1-24
Blade (2006) 1-12
I think this X-men is the one Joss wrote, Blade is pretty cool to read but if your not a fan of his style you might pass on it

Captain America comics (1941) 1-6
Civil War 1-6
The original Cap is win! I'm not sure about Civil War, its controversial but a good read. Trouble is it f*cks up the Marvel universe bad leaving it in a complete mess and forcing everyone into the boring Dark Reign - Siege stuff.

Eternals (2006) 1-7
Ghost Rider (2006) 1-4
Marvels vol. 1 (1994) 1-9
These are cool titles, great for Marvel mythology and history. Not sure about Ghost Rider, its a bit like Blade and Punisher you kinda need to be a fan of these dark gory genres. Eternals goes deep into the orginal Jack Kirby mythos, Marvels takes you from the 40s to the 90s in an incredible story illustrated by the painter Alex Ross...he did the life-like title sequence for the Spider-Man movie

Daredevil: Yellow 1-6
Tales of Suspense (1963) 39-53 (First Iron Man stories)
The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 1-25
The Immortal Iron Fist (2006) 1-14
These are great, original Spider-Man, IronMan, Jeph Loeb can be very hit and miss but he does brilliant with Daredevil its a fun great ride, the new IronFist was a great title

The Avengers (1998) 56-84 and 500-503
The Invincible Iron Man (1998) 64-89
World War Hulk
I've heard good things about 90s Avengers and Ironman and I've read some good 90s issues, avoid 90s Spider-Man that's mostly clone shit. World War Hulk is an action packed brawl, much more dark violence and action packed fun than Mighty Avengers. Even though Mighty is a much more up-to-date and hip story I would avoid it because its hollow and it leads nowhere but into the mess that is Dark Reign and Siege
Pretend Ares, Thing, Sentry, Ironman and all those people died during Hulk's World War Hulk rampage

If you want to read a Classic Avengers team pick up back issues or start reading when the people at Marvel fix the Universe...hopefully by 2011

What else...oh yeah I heard X-23 is good, she looks like a little feminine Wolverine rip off but I heard her story is tragic and moving and very well written
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote