View Single Post
Old May 8 2010, 05:20 PM   #165
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: Iron Man 2 - Grading & Discussion Thread (spoilers guaranteed)

DarKush wrote: View Post
-Nick Fury: I didn't care for him all that much this time around. I can't put my finger on it, but he didn't feel like Nick Fury, like a high-ranking intelligence agent and isn't Ultimate Fury also a general? Perhaps he wasn't hard ass enough for my taste. I would've liked something more like Andre Braugher's general in Fantastic Four 2. Though on reflection, it was cool to see him and SJ together again. Brought back memories of the Spirit. It might be neat to do a SHIELD movie with him and SJ.
Ultimate Fury, is indeed a general, as he heads SHIELD.

as for Andre Braugher's general in F4 II, he's basically Ultimate Fury with no eye-patch and a different name. they even ripped off a scene from Ultimate Extinction with the bit about Reed not being on the high school football team and whatnot in the forest.

ah, this bit:

General Hagen: No you don't understand. So let me make it clear for you and your pack of freaks here. I'm the quarterback. You're on my team, got it? But I guess you never played football in high school, did you Richards? Reed Richards: No, you're right, I didn't. I stayed inside and studied, like a good little nerd. And fifteen years later, I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century, I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet, and the big jock who played quarterback in high school? Well he's standing right in front of me asking me for my help. And I say he's not gonna get a damn thing, unless he does exactly what I tell him, and starts treating my friends and me, with some respect.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote