View Single Post
Old May 8 2010, 05:55 AM   #153
Vice Admiral
Re: Iron Man 2 - Grading & Discussion Thread (spoilers guaranteed)

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Also, what about the scene in the commercial with Iron Man having to retrieve the helmet. I guess it was just a commercial, but it would have been appropriate in the movie.
It was filmed but cut Faverau thought the new beginning was better. It's become a deleted scene.

'Go get em boss/ you complete me' bit officially cut

At a press conference held last Friday in support of Paramount and Marvel Studios’ "Iron Man 2," director Jon Favreau explained why Tony Stark’s grand entrance -- a moment seen in the trailers -- was cut from the final theatrical version. "We had different versions of things that we tried. That was something that was a great image -- a scene that's going to be on the DVD -- but we had two different versions of it and because of the pacing [we had to cut it],”said the director. It came down to just how he wanted to introduce Tony into the sequel. "It felt really good to flow into the drop down and reveal him for the first time on the stage. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it doesn't make any sense, but often times in the editing room we figure out what combinations of scenes..."
At that moment, Favreau was interrupted by star Robert Downey, Jr. "Gwyneth is just finding out that that scene was cut, Jon. You might be a little more tactful," he interjected.
Paltrow laughed, "Nothing would surprise me anymore."
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote