View Single Post
Old May 4 2010, 08:13 PM   #247
Praxius
Captain

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I most definitely disagree.

I know my own personal code isn't perfect, but I believe in moral absolutes. There are certain things that you just don't do. Forcing a sentient being to become a vehicle for mass murder is one of these things. I don't care what's at stake - nothing would have justified using Hugh in that way. Hugh was an individual with innate rights and freedoms. He wasn't a drone - not anymore. As I said, the mere fact that it is possible to liberate a drone from the collective is proof that eradicating all Borg *is* genocide. And that is unacceptable under any circumstances.

Any culture which resorts to genocide does not deserve to exist.
As I personally see it, I agree. When you consider Genocide as an option against an enemy, you take the battle to a whole new level.... a lower one. When it comes to the Federation and what they're supposed to represent, committing Genocide goes against everything they stand for.

And because they found the proof not just in Hugh, but Picard himself that one could be freed from the collective and gain their individuality back, that alone proved that there were more options available then to commit genocide in order to win.
Praxius is offline   Reply With Quote