View Single Post
Old May 4 2010, 05:34 PM   #242
Rojixus
Commander

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Praxius wrote: View Post
Rojixus wrote: View Post
The fact that the Borg didn't send two cubes in FC proves my argument that the Borg cannot be antagonized. The number of cubes they send to a conflict appears to be completely random. Picard was wrong, he should have released the virus. There is no other way around it. You have no proof that the Borg can be antagonized, your entire argument has no foundation. In what way was the planet of 100,000 people more of a threat to the Borg than the Federation. Why didn't the Borg send a fleet of cubes to subdue the Federation. The Federation already destroyed two Borg ships, more than that other species. You keep giving me the runaround Anwar, I want straight answers!
Just to jump in here, while you speak of someone having no proof.... you yourself have no proof that the virus would have worked in the first place, other then Picard being convinced it would have worked.

Picard has been wrong before and is only human. Apparently his choice to not use the virus is proof enough that he makes mistakes, based on your own argument, therefore his assumption that the virus would have worked is no proof at all, since it'd be logical the Borg would have some sort of Norton Anti-Virus setup for such an attack
Perhaps Picard was wrong, but there is no proof to show it. From the way the episode was set up, the paradox weapon was almost guaranteed to work. Picard, who was assimilated by the Borg and should therefore have a decent understanding of the Borg, did not even mention the possibility of the weapon being ineffective. Those who say the weapon would not have worked are speculating. From Picard's point of view, he had a means of ending what Picard himself once said was the closest thing to pure evil once and for all and he didn't take it. In my book, that is the height of incompetence, cowardice, and hypocrisy. Picard is one of my favorite Star Trek captains, but he made the wrong decision in "I Borg".
Rojixus is offline   Reply With Quote