View Single Post
Old May 4 2010, 02:52 AM   #31
JD
Admiral

Re: Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Starfleet Intelligence recruits a pair of genetically enhanced agents: Dr. Julian Bashir, of station Deep Space 9, and Sarina Douglas, a woman whose talents Bashir helped bring to fruition, and whom Bashir thinks of as his long-lost true love.
I feel like letting out a Klingon Death Scream.

(counts to ten, does some "plexing")

Okay...now:

Captain Ezri Dax and her crew on the U.S.S. Aventine play a dangerous game of cat and mouse with a Typhon Pact fleet that stands between them and the safe retrieval of Bashir and Douglas from hostile territory.
All right...that makes it easier to swallow.

Mr. Mack...I will see how this works out...and I wonder if this will turn into a possible triangle--Ezri/Sarina/Bashir. I think I'd love to see that--especially if it "knocks some sense" into Ezri, and gets rid of that attitude she'd had towards Bashir throughout the relaunch. (I actually wrote an alternate version of Ezri's "Come to I'nora" moment for the FanFic forum....)

But I sincerely hope that this book does NOT close any doors for Ezri. She and Julian have suffered enough from that break-up. For goodness sake, it's bad enough that we get the "aw, gee, the Bashir/Ezri feelings weren't REAL, it was just a redo of Worf/Ezri--just a by-product of the Jadzia/Bashir feelings".

But NOW--to have THIS happen!

I'm sorry, I'm just...a little worked up about that break-up.

Seriously...I'll look forward to this. But, if some details of this...relationship...were possible...?

(And...FWIW, I think the "moments" between Ezri and Julian are reaonable rivalry for the last scene in "Chrysalis", IMANSHO. )
Just keep in mind that this is 5 years after the end of their relationship, which (I don't think) lasted even a year. Personally, I doubt that there relationship will play to big a role in the story,since they hopefully would have resolved any major issues by then.