View Single Post
Old May 3 2010, 09:48 PM   #223
Rojixus
Commander

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Anwar wrote: View Post
Rojixus wrote: View Post
Billions saved? Who was saved by Picard's cowardly decision?
Everyone in the Federation, and likely the Alpha Quadrant.

You say the virus could have somehow antagonized the Borg into launching a full invasion of the Federation but what is your proof? Don't you think the Borg would have been equally "antagonized" by the fact that the Federation could even conceive of such a virus?
No.

Because like I said, they don't care about the Feds that much to send such a force. The Feds are a fringe group that barely interest the Borg. The Borg have been shown to outright ignore other races and not assimilate them.

Yes.

What Janeway did to the Borg really isn't as big or as bad as the fandom made her actions out to be.

In the end, maybe the entire argument is academic, Admiral Janeway did what Picard should have done and released a virus that effectively crippled the Borg, if not outright killed them off. She did the right thing, Picard didn't.
All she did was blow up one Unimatrix and kill some of them, not all of them. That virus wasn't supposed to do anything but kill the local area Borg.

THE BORG ARE WITHOUT MERCY, THEY DO NOT CARE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSIMILATED! Many people would rather be dead than assimilated, or at least that is what Picard thought. Also, just because I Borg refutes your main argument does not make it a bad episode.
The Borg will ignore species and not assimilate them, assimilated beings have been deassimilated and got over it. And "I, Borg" never explored its' ideas well enough to be anything more than mediocre.
Anwar wrote: View Post
Rojixus wrote: View Post
Everyone in the Federation, and likely the Alpha Quadrant.
How do you know? You have no proof.
They never launched a REAL invasion. They were never provoked into doing so.

They never attacked the Federation.

They didn't send two Cubes to Earth immediately after BOBW when they lost one, nor did they send two Cubes to Earth when they attacked again in FC.

They launched a REAL invasion, compared to the one Cube attacks on the Feds. Proof in and of itself.

What proof do you have of this?
They never said that the Borg were all destroyed, just that one Unimatrix getting blown up.

You keep making these assertions without any facts to back them up.
Like you claim that Picard killed billions directly, when no one died at all?

Your position is getting shakier and shakier. How would a planet of 100,000 people be more of a threat than the Federation? If you want anyone to take you seriously, YOU MUST GIVE EVIDENCE!
The evidence was right there: They got attacked by multiple Cubes while the Feds only ever got one. That's proof in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

HOW IS A PLANET OF 100,000 PEOPLE MORE OF A THREAT TO THE BORG THAN A FEDERATION OF BILLIONS?!!

Also, I don't recall saying Picard directly killed billions. Indirectly, he might have.

Why didn't the Borg send more than one cube in Star Trek: First Contact? If the Federation destroyed one cube, it would make sense to send two cubes the next time. After all, the Borg have plenty to spare.

Anwar, you are just repeating yourself because you know you are in the wrong. You can't back up what you claim. You say the Borg can be antagonized into launching a "real invasion" but you have no proof. I am beginning to suspect you are a troll.
Rojixus is offline   Reply With Quote