View Single Post
Old May 3 2010, 08:56 PM   #218
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral

Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post
Killing the founders will still let you with a large and angry Jem'hadar army in the Alpha Quadrant.
As I said...the Jem'Hadar forces were on the brink of defeat in the finale.

Managing to defeat the Alpha Quadrant Dominion will leave the main Dominion unable to strike for decades. This is NOT a perfect solution? Well, don't expect perfect solutions from genocide.
And yet it is the EXACT same scenario I propose--EXCEPT for the fact that there are no Founders after the "genocide".

The Vorta/Jem'hadar killing themselves insted of taking revenge in an unending Jihad is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.
Then why didn't they take revenge on Sisko and the others when that Founder DID die?

Creating LARGE NUMBERS of Jem'hadar/building ships takes resources and time - they don't appear out of thin air.
And again, the scenario is the same--the Dominion forces would only come from the Gamma Quadrant.

Yet again, you prove that responding to you is a waste of timme - the arguments you presented here were also refuted by me in that ~"genocide" thread:
Eh, no. In fact, quite the opposite. But now, as then, we could type until our fingers fall off, debating which one isn't responding properly. Doing so comes across as rather childish...so I won't.
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote