View Single Post
Old May 3 2010, 10:58 AM   #209
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Rojixus wrote: View Post
Billions saved? Who was saved by Picard's cowardly decision?
Everyone in the Federation, and likely the Alpha Quadrant.

You say the virus could have somehow antagonized the Borg into launching a full invasion of the Federation but what is your proof? Don't you think the Borg would have been equally "antagonized" by the fact that the Federation could even conceive of such a virus?
No.

If you want to look at the big picture, why didn't the Borg send more cubes than they did in STFC?
Because like I said, they don't care about the Feds that much to send such a force. The Feds are a fringe group that barely interest the Borg. The Borg have been shown to outright ignore other races and not assimilate them.

They sent a fleet of cubes to assimilate one planet of only 100,000 people, do you think they rate more of a threat to the Borg than a Federation of thousands of warships?
Yes.

Also, that Janeway did a lot to "antagonize" the Borg, why didn't the Borg send a fleet to subdue the Federation then?
What Janeway did to the Borg really isn't as big or as bad as the fandom made her actions out to be.

In the end, maybe the entire argument is academic, Admiral Janeway did what Picard should have done and released a virus that effectively crippled the Borg, if not outright killed them off. She did the right thing, Picard didn't.
All she did was blow up one Unimatrix and kill some of them, not all of them. That virus wasn't supposed to do anything but kill the local area Borg.

THE BORG ARE WITHOUT MERCY, THEY DO NOT CARE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSIMILATED! Many people would rather be dead than assimilated, or at least that is what Picard thought. Also, just because I Borg refutes your main argument does not make it a bad episode.
The Borg will ignore species and not assimilate them, assimilated beings have been deassimilated and got over it. And "I, Borg" never explored its' ideas well enough to be anything more than mediocre.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote