Old May 2 2010, 09:58 PM   #196
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral

Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg:

I answered your question PAGES ago.
Do you EVER read the responses to your posts? Apparently, responding to you is a waste of time:
Yes...I did.

And to be honest, I have spent quite a while going over what the fact that it's all fiction has to do with anything......and I still can't figure it out!

What I do know...is that the Dominion is also fictional--and therefore, your claim to my issue's irrelevancy, due to said fictional status of the Borg, is invalid.

So...once again, we are back to square one. The Dominion is fictional, just as the Borg is fictional.

Once again...what makes genocide against the Borg (which is fictional) practical and moral (due to the prevention of the future slaughtering of innocent lives by the Borg), when you have previously stated that genocide against the Dominon (which is ALSO fictional) is impractical--because the ability to commit genocide presupposes, in your view, the ability to defeat the Dominion without genocide--and immoral, despite the similar prevention of the future slaughtering of innocent lives by the Dominion?
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote