View Single Post
Old May 1 2010, 03:18 PM   #57
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: was ezri right in Tacking into the Wind - are Klingons hypocrites?

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Admiral Shran wrote: View Post
ProtoAvatar wrote: View Post

That's because the Federation actually follows its moral code.
The alternative is not applying this moral code when it comes to others - aka betraying its morals. The prime directive streches the limit of its morality as it is.
If its moral code is to accept others' ways and beliefs, how is it following that code to impose someone else's ways and beliefs on others and expect them to follow UFP, or more often Earth, standards? Being accepting of others means you can't expect them to be just like you.

Also, while I think Ezri was spot on about the hypocrisy of the Klingons, I think she was wrong about one thing. She asks Worf if there has ever been a single Klingon Chancellor worthy of respect. I'd say there was at least one - Gorkon.
Technically, she asked Worf "Who was the last leader of the High Council that you respected?" Worf wasn't even alive during Gorkon's time....
It wouldn't matter if Worf was alive or not, the question doesn't require him to have been alive while the Chancellor he respects was in power.

How you're thinking the question works would make it impossible (for example) to be able to say who the last King of the UK I respected, since there hasn't been a King in my lifetime, only Queen Elizabeth II as reigning monarch.
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote