View Single Post
Old April 30 2010, 08:00 PM   #10
Rear Admiral
Re: A Nightmare on Elm Streer (2010) Discussion & Grading

This Freddie is someone you could have a conversation with if he didn't kill you.
Now I like Robert's take of course. I always thought it would be nice to have Jason vs Michael Myers, since the Freddie vs Jason film had Freddie doing all the speaking.

On the comic side, I would love to see a story of famous villains in hell.

I think a Freddie vs Pinhead match would be interesting, with Robert's Freddie being a Hawkeye Pierce character to Pinhead's Charles Emerson Winchester (MASH).

Jason and others would simply be doormen in Hell, with Freddy and others being manservants for Angus Scrimm and others at the head of the table. Boris and Bela of course talk about old times.

Vincent Price is the Master of Ceremonies of course--and in my minds eye, does most of the speaking.

There Dexter is brought before them after his death to see what punishment is meeted out. They discuss his crimes, his methods, and other such matters. There is a B story where certain souls go missing in Hell. This is whispered about as even the masters of terror show concern. Barlow's visions flit about in Tintinnabulum.

A rioting band of racists is killed due to a freak accident. The famous Monsters of the movies (Forest J Ackerman in the background) are so horrified by the actions of these fools that even they are sickened, and so they are fed directly to Satan, whose three faces now gnaw at Stalin, Mao, and Hitler--who being flayed at the center mouth, Judas having been downed in the Sarlacc pitt as it were long ago...

But something else disturbs the Masque, as the Man in the Pallid Mask returns from Bethmoora, represented by a Tatterdemalion figure with skin tight fabric drwn taut over a skull with no skin--lit from within--and of course, wearing a top hat. The demasking begins as Charon spills his bag over the pit as waves lap the shore, waters receeding in fear of what the moon brings.

Satan, the great evil one himself, is torn asunder by something far below. You see the humanoid legends scatter, as the shadow of Cthulhu and his brother rise to take over hell.

Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake, The shadows lengthen In Carcosa. Strange is the night where black stars rise, And strange moons circle through the skies, But stranger still is Lost Carcosa. Songs that the Hyades shall sing, Where flap the tatters of the King, Must die unheard in Dim Carcosa. Song of my soul, my voice is dead, Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed Shall dry and die in ...Lost Carcosa. "Cassilda's Song" in The King in Yellow Act 1, Scene 2

Last edited by publiusr; April 30 2010 at 08:24 PM.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote