View Single Post
Old April 30 2010, 05:48 PM   #67
Sal'ira
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Hello, I'm Sal'ira. I contemplated whether or not I should post here. I have never actually seen Deep Space Nine. I have, though, read the the novelization of the very first episode, Emissary. I enjoyed it immensely and I hope to watch the whole series, once I'm able to purchase the DVDs. I must say, I was reluctant about Deep Space Nine because I am huge fan of Star Trek and The Next Generation. The latter is the reason I am a Trekkie. I found Emissary to be extremely refreshing and I loved the idea of Ferengi on the station. I was excited about the more constant appearances of Cardassian, as well, because they are my second favorite alien species. (Behind Vulcans, of course.) I have even looked up information about all the characters -it is very hard to wait, so I try to find all the information I can- and I was pleased with the discovery of Garak.

SyFy only shows The Next Generation and Enterprise, but hopefully in the near future, I will be able to watch Deep Space Nine. To all you long-time fans, is it as fantastic as I imagine it to be?
-After Kainon kills Marritza (ST: DS9, "Duet")
Sal'ira is offline   Reply With Quote