View Single Post
Old April 30 2010, 12:36 PM   #23
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 - Grading & Discussion Thread (spoilers guaranteed)

I thought it was very enjoyable, the casting was superb. Rourke and Rockwell were great, especially the latter. Cheadle's presence didn't take me out of the movie at all, the re-cast wasn't a big deal for me and I thought he did a good job. However if one watches the films back to back...might be an issue but oh well. War Machine was awesome!

Loved the references to the Marvel Universe, ScarJo was great and had some funny moments with Favreau. Good to see Nick Fury more, and the use of the shield was

I thought the final battle with Whiplash was maybe a bit abrupt, but that's really the only complaint. I didn't catch any references to the Mandarin this time either.

I'm glad the sequel kept the same tone as the first film, it's nice to have a superhero movie that's a fun romp and not all brooding (not that I don't like the brooding but it's nice to have something different).

And with the scene after the end-credits...well I can't wait until the release of the other Marvel movies. But with regards to the extra scene the question is how did he get there, and I suppose what state is he in?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is online now   Reply With Quote