View Single Post
Old April 29 2010, 12:59 AM   #33
BK613
Captain

Re: TOS Enterprise WIP

Mytran wrote: View Post
BK613 wrote: View Post
Unfortunately the Star Trek Magazine does not make this clear, since they were trying to argue that it was the same room, just with some refitting. Given their different room shapes this would be quite a feat of ... engineering
as long as interior bulkheads aren't load-bearing members, then it would be possible.
Possible, yes. Desirable?...
ER Comparison
Sometimes form must follow function...
the two-engine room arrangement has the advantage of explaining the reused ER footage, especially the Scotty Grate Grab.
I quite agree. I'm strongly of the opinion that there were at least two Engine Rooms on the Enterprise.
Two ERs that close together IMO

However, if set accuracy isn't too much of an issue for you then no problem and the layout is fine as it is. I particularly like the way you've left enough room for a proper sized Emergency Manual Monitor.
Not sure if this was directed at me but my iso view doesn't do the EMM room's width justice; it is wider on the cross-section. it will probably be corrected the next time I mess with this image.
Actually, I thought it was fine!
well had some other thoughts about it as well, such as having the space under the EMM be open instead of enclosed on the new room side. And the corridor to the old room be normal corridor height, suggesting that it was originally an outer corridor..