View Single Post
Old April 28 2010, 11:41 PM   #31
Mytran
Fleet Captain

Re: TOS Enterprise WIP

BK613 wrote: View Post
Mytran;4033149[B wrote:
BK613[/B]'s idea is a good way to combine the two Engine Rooms, although if you want to be accurate to the sets the season 1 version should be longer than than the later one. Unfortunately the Star Trek Magazine does not make this clear, since they were trying to argue that it was the same room, just with some refitting. Given their different room shapes this would be quite a feat of ... engineering
as long as interior bulkheads aren't load-bearing members, then it would be possible.
Possible, yes. Desirable?...

BK613 wrote: View Post
the two-engine room arrangement has the advantage of explaining the reused ER footage, especially the Scotty Grate Grab.
I quite agree. I'm strongly of the opinion that there were at least two Engine Rooms on the Enterprise.

Mytran;4033149However, if set accuracy isn't too much of an issue for you then no problem and the layout is fine as it is. I particularly like the way you've left enough room for a proper sized Emergency Manual Monitor[I wrote:
.[/I]
Not sure if this was directed at me but my iso view doesn't do the EMM room's width justice; it is wider on the cross-section. it will probably be corrected the next time I mess with this image.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I thought it was fine!
Mytran is online now   Reply With Quote