View Single Post
Old April 26 2010, 09:18 PM   #54
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: was ezri right in Tacking into the Wind - are Klingons hypocrites?

FordSVT wrote: View Post
Right, a free society only made possible with virtually unlimited land, energy and resources, where everyone's food, housing, medical and educational needs are met by the state.

It's a total fantasy universe, it has nothing to do with modern political or economic principles, including what you think of as capitalism or conservatism or anything else you'd like to imagine.
(sigh) Other than the fact that I was just illustrating my disagreement with Nerys...and that to over-emphasize this line is to take the bloody thread even more off topic...

To be frank, I have yet to see a canonical--or even TrekLit--establishment that "everyone's food, housing, medical and educational needs are met by the state". I could be wrong--but until I am proven so, I stand by those comments.

But again, this is splitting hairs--and I re-state that that was simply where I disagreed with the analysis of my Cardassian friend.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote