View Single Post
Old April 26 2010, 05:30 PM   #32
Agenda
Fleet Captain

Re: Would you mind UHURA being promoted to BIG THREE status in next mo

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Maybe not urgently, though - Orci and Kurtzman have said that the 10,000 survivors of Vulcan is *in addition to* Vulcans who were living offworld at the time, so there could be many more. Probably enough to ensure a viable genetic base even without Spock.
With that many Vulcans left, a single half-Vulcan won't make much of a difference. I don't think it's logical for Spock to be forced - or to force himself - into a relationship he doesn't want, unless there is absolutely no other choice. He'd live the rest of his life in resentment, which wouldn't be good for anybody, including his children.

But Spock and Sarek are clearly still close (they're not estranged like they were when we first met Sarek in TOS). I think Spock will listen to what his dad says.
If Sarek wished for Spock to help rebuild Vulcan society, then Spock chose otherwise, because at the end of the movie he's clearly chosen Starfleet. If Sarek didn't wish for Spock to help rebuild, then I doubt he'd want to force Spock to marry a Vulcan.

Last edited by Agenda; April 26 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Agenda is offline   Reply With Quote