View Single Post
Old April 26 2010, 04:43 PM   #30
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Would you mind UHURA being promoted to BIG THREE status in next mo

Beyond Antares wrote: View Post
But even for a species facing extinction, you need enough individuals from both genders in order to tango. Maybe there's more Vulcan males left than females, in which case Spock wouldn't be needed.
I think he would. The genetic diversity that Spock would provide to the Vulcan species at large will always be needed.

Maybe not urgently, though - Orci and Kurtzman have said that the 10,000 survivors of Vulcan is *in addition to* Vulcans who were living offworld at the time, so there could be many more. Probably enough to ensure a viable genetic base even without Spock.

And who cares what Sarek wants or thinks? At the end of the last movie, Spock made it clear that he's going his own way.
But Spock and Sarek are clearly still close (they're not estranged like they were when we first met Sarek in TOS). I think Spock will listen to what his dad says.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote