View Single Post
Old April 23 2010, 11:17 PM   #1515
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Niner Watches Babylon 5 (NO spoilers, please)

Severed Dreams (*****)

I think my feelings about this episode can be best summed up by my good friend, George Takai. Take it away George.

GEORGE TAKAI: Whoa! Oh my!

What? I can be friends with George Takai and Scott Bakula, why can't I? The three of us meet up at Scott's ranch regularly. We usually ride ponies down to the river and have a picnic. We were even in a band together: "Scott Bakula and the Shirtless Wonders". I had to quit because George kept laughing at me, but we're still good friends.

Oh yes, review!

This is the knock-out punch I've been waiting for, and it was definitely worth it. Episodes like this are the reason I love serialised story-telling, moments like the one where Sheridan declared B5 independent from Earth would have been cool in a standalone story, but when it has years of back-story building to this one moment it is much, much more.

I don't know that there's much more I can say, to be honest. I always write up these reviews before watching the next episode, and right now I'd rather watch the next episode than sit here writing this, so if you'll excuse me I think I'll take my leave now.

Scott Bakula: 44