View Single Post
Old April 23 2010, 07:42 PM   #136
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Was Picard wrong in I,Borg?

Rojixus wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
Rojixus wrote: View Post
First of all, the Borg cannot be pissed off. Second, if the Borg could have easily neutralized the virus, they would not have viewed the Federation as a credible threat. Therefore, they wouldn't have sent out an armada of cubes, at worst they would have sent one cube. The Borg don't want to expend any resources they don't have to, they only do what is sufficient, otherwise they would have sent an armada of cubes the first time. Picard was wrong not to release the virus. Even if it didn't work, it was still better than doing nothing, and if it did work, the Borg will no longer victimize the galaxy. And as always, THE LAWS OF WAR DO NOT APPLY TO THE BORG! IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE OUT THE GREATEST SCOURGE IN GALACTIC HISTORY, YOU HAD DAMN WELL BETTER TAKE IT! IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT! IT IS IMPRACTICAL TO SAVE EVERY ASSIMILATED BEING! IT IS BETTER TO WIPE OUT THE BORG AND SAVE TRILLIONS OF LIVES IN BOTH THE PRESENT AND COUNTLESS NUMBERS IN THE FUTURE THAN TO RISK TRYING TO LIBERATE EVERY. INDIVIDUAL. DRONE. YOU ARE NAIVE AND FOOLISH TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE!
I don't know, the BORG QUEEN sure looked pissed to me in FC! I did put it in quotation marks however, so I meant whatever equivalent of "pissed" the Borg can muster..which would probably be not one or two ships, but a whole battle group that couldn't be defeated.

The Borg are hardly an elemental force, are you saying they can't change or evolve? There's even a recent episode of Dr Who where the Dr decides against killing a whole species because he knows they will eventually evolve into a peaceful race. Who are you to decide that they should all not exist, how is that moral? Sure the UFP was in conflict but there certainly still is LAW, and if you kill a whole species its immoral. Add to that there is proven fact that assimilated beings can be returned to normal then you make the genocide argument even more shaky. Picard HAD that proven fact in Hugh and he made the correct decision. This argument was only further buttressed by Voyager...who recovered many former Borg.

RAMA
First of all, I am saying the Borg Collective as a whole cannot change and will never evolve. You can never change the basic fact that the Borg take people against their will and changes them into mindless drones. The Borg are a type of evil that must be destroyed. So long as one drone remains, it can begin the Collective anew. THE BORG WILL NEVER EVOLVE! Secondly, YOU CAN'T USE AN EXAMPLE FROM SOME OTHER SHOW TO PROVE YOUR POINT. IS IT IMMORAL TO KILL A VIRUS?

Also, you apparently did not read my entire post. I said it was practically impossible and not worth the risk to liberate every drone from the collective. It is time for you to realize the Borg are a despicable force of nature that must be destroyed to the last drone. Perhaps you would change your opinion if you were assimilated?

This is all supposition and not fact...the Borg changed and evolved in I, Borg...the Borg changed and evolved in STFC, the Borg literally evolved in Voyager "Drone"...http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Drone_%28episode%29. This isn't Star Wars...we dont have to see races as all "evil" or all "good".

How do you know that Starfleet won't invent something that can consistently shut of Borg subspace signals on a mass scale, then remove/kill nanoprobes? You are condeming an awful lot of species to death.

Also...http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unimatrix_Zero??????

RAMA