View Single Post
Old April 23 2010, 03:34 PM   #76
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Seven Deadly Sins Discuss/ Grade

Christopher wrote: View Post
I thought you succeeded in showing something new there. It was intriguing to see that Brunt found killing morally repulsive, but for a very different set of moral reasons than a human would have. It reminds me of what Quark said to Sisko in "The Jem'Hadar" (I think) -- that for all humans' attitude of ethical superiority over the greedy, deceitful Ferengi, they've never been as violent or warlike as we've been in our history. And Brunt's attitude here helped illustrate why that is.
Following up on that speech is pretty much why I wanted to look at the Ferengi attitudes to violence. I also knew that if I was going to have an alien character take a certain moral view, I wanted it to be different than the usual human/Western one.

The big surprise was Brunt ending up with Pel, who represents something he's always despised. He's becoming far more like Quark than he could ever stand to admit.
Like repels like- they both see themselves as the epitome of a good Ferengi, and they're probably right...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote