View Single Post
Old April 22 2010, 12:57 PM   #66
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

$9.95 Hulu Plus subscription service May 2010

viewers who want to see additional episodes would pay $9.95 a month to access a more comprehensive selection, called Hulu Plus,
Hulu is under pressure from its owners to collect a subscription fee to both bolster revenue and train viewers to pay for online access to professionally produced content.
they can no longer justify offering the same shows online for free. Shows on Hulu also carry commercials, however there are fewer spots there than on regular television. Ultimately, Hulu is expected to adopt the same commercial loads as network television.
April 21, 2010
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...n-service.html

With this type of tiered system and offering all-you-can-eat monthly subscription fee on Hulu you can be assured Youtube will follow.

like this other blog article on the Hulu Plus announcment mentioned:
And if I really like a TV show and I want to spend money on it, I’d probably hold out for the season on DVD.
This is consumer's thinking.

Another article mentions an important point:
Netflix + Hulu is still less than cable, right?
Also of note:
Fox Mobile Group, which is part of the News Corp. family, has announced a mobile video subscription application that will launch on a variety of handsets,....Called Bitbop

Fox’s Bitbop plans to charge $9.99 a month.
Will CBS Television also create a mobile app that will include the entire back catalogue of Trek TV series on a monthly subscription charge?

related:
Poll: provider for new Trek series as original series download
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote