++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HOUSTON-9400:
MANUAL KEYBOARD ENTRY:
LCARS-CC2000 VOICE INTERACTIVE PROTOCOL INTERFACE INITIATED
CONFORMATION TONE GENERATED
CC-2000:
Hello SW, how may I help you ?
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, Iím going to leave your Voice interface online from now on, so you can be called on without all that typing. However, I donít want you ďspeaking outĒ unless youíre called on to do so. Also, if you have any relevant input to a conversation that is being conducted between me and another, you may display it in a Text Box at the bottom of my screen.
CC-2000:
I understand SW, I have two Questions. You do not wish the other party to see that ďBoxĒ, is that correct ? And, when I am called on to Voice a reply, do you wish that you to be the only party that can hear me ?
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, yes on both questions, only I see and hear you, unless I tell you to Voice or Display the information.
CC-2000:
I understand SW.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, letís try to get in touch with the Chiron again
CC-2000:
SUBSPACE SECURE CHANNEL 527 CONFIRMED
CONTACT WITH CHIRON- CC-2000 VOICE COM
COM REQUEST TRANSMITTED
COM REQUEST CONFIRMED
REDIRECT TO CHIRON READY ROOM COM-1
MAXWELL RR-1:

SW !, how are you !
HOUSTON-9400:
Just fine Ben, howís things going, getting used to the Chair again, you look good in a Coat and Tie ?
MAXWELL RR-1:
OH YEA SW, and it didnít take that much either, and thanks. WOW, Iím just amazed at this Ship, I know I got a good In-service on its systems at Chiron, but, actually sitting out there and putting it through its paces, is an experience I should have had a long time ago !
HOUSTON-9400:
I do my best, and glad you like it, you know we have three others just like the Chiron ?
MAXWELL RR-1:
I know, and wow, anybody mess with just one of this Class is in DEEP trouble, much less if they all jumped on someone !
HOUSTON-9400:
Thatís the idea, make it where you only need one, and no help needed !
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well, you sure did that, I canít believe all the technology put into this thing, Ablative, Cannons, Torpedo complement, and that Holographic Tactical that you got for the Bridge. WOW, it makes you feel like youíre right out there with it, Iíve never felt so secure, having that type information available ! But, why did you decide to put all this in such a ďVintageĒ package, like the Constellation Class, that is what the outer hull looks like, right ?
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, it was cheap, and Star Fleet had several in mothballs, so why not, besides, whoíd think an old Lady like that, would have a kick like a Horse !
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well thatís sure right, if you were trying to make a ďSleeperĒ, nobody would ever think by looking at this old gal, that she had whatís inside her, and I DO like the Tertiary Hull Design, that really makes me feel good, if someone starts shooting at me !
HOUSTON-9400:
My people are my most important assets Ben, and Iíll spend a Trillion Credits, just to make sure that every one of them is safe and sound.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Thatís apparent and thatís not the only thing I appreciate. You were instrumental in getting me out of that situation with Star Fleet, I could have spent a long time in that Cell, if it werenít for your efforts, thank you.
HOUSTON-9400:
No problem Ben, but it wasnít as hard as you think. When you jumped on those Cardassian ships, every Admiral in Star Fleet ran into his closet and applauded you, but, they had to ďopenlyĒ condemn you, just to keep things as smooth as they could.
MAXWELL RR-1:
I know I know, but, that is just two faced, and rubs me the wrong way, Iím so glad you understood that, I think, and let me do something that I really love to do, and thatís command a Star Ship.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, where have I heard that before, seems like youíve had some predecessors that thought the same way. But, we been working on the Computers, and I got someone Iíd like for you to meet. CC, Say hello.
CC-2000:
Hello Captain Maxwell, how are you today, Sir ?
MAXWELL RR-1:
WHOA, wait a minute here, that sure didnít sound like any Computer Iíve talked to before !
HOUSTON-9400:
Itís not, CC has some ďPersonalityĒ software installed, and it will be able to communicate with you a lot better than the old type, and weíve installed a LOT of interactive stuff, you can talk to it, almost like you would another person, almost.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well, that level of technology doesnít surprise me around here, and Iím looking forward to communicating with it in detail.
CC-2000:
As I am also Sir, and while you two have been talking, I have uploaded six new Tactical Scenarios that Mr. Kímlhet has developed.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ben, I donít want to be too presumptuous, but, CC has the capability of stepping in on any Duty Station, and covering you, if you need it.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Ahhhh....mine too ?
HOUSTON-9400:
HA, well...yea...but that would be only if there wasnít a Bridge Officer to take over if you were incapacitated, itís not intended to replace the Captain OR another officer, just to give you a chance to not lose out, because someone was picking himself up off the floor across the Bridge, ok.
CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
SW, that is a misleading statement, I am programmed to assume Weapons, Armament and execute Evasive Maneuvers should there be need and a situation where Chiron Equipment or Personnel is in jeopardy. And that would include if the Officer or Crewperson is at their assigned duty station or not.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well thatís comforting in a way, Iím not used to having a piece of Equipment to make decisions like that. BUT, Iím not closing my mind to anything, around here anyway !
HOUSTON-9400:
Good, but CC is getting pretty trustworthy, and as time passes, you two can get to know each other, and Iím sure youíll work out a good relationship, but, we need to talk about your Mission.
MAXWELL RR-1:
MISSION, OHHH, I thought I was just on a Shake Down Cruse !
HOUSTON-9400:
That works in Star Fleet, but in the Private Sector, we got to make everything count since we actually have bills to pay. So, go on over to that little secret Safe in your side room, and get the Mission Envelope out and read it.

(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)

MAXWELL RR-1:
OH WOW, no wonder you put so much defensive power in this Ship ! SW, if this got out to anyone who might be looking for a quick credit, wow !
HOUSTON-9400:
Think that vintage Constellation faÁade will work in your favor now ?
MAXWELL RR-1:
I got ya now, YES, who would think weíd be carrying that type Cargo, OH, we are on a secure channel, right !?
HOUSTON-9400:
As far as I know, weíve installed some new Secure Channels and encryption software, so it may not have been necessary to give you a written Objective, probably Iíll just come on Tel-Com like we are now, and tell you whatís needed in the future.
MAXWELL RR-1:
So I guess we can talk about it a little now, and uoo, thatís a lot of Dilithium !
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, and the majority of it is for Chironís Vessels, AND, thatís not that standard junk thatís available anywhere, itís the Hi Grade Generator Strata type, just like the stuff youíre using now.
MAXWELL RR-1:
NO WONDER this thing will run itís ears off like I saw ! I opened it up for about a half minute or so, and WOW, we were moving past 9.96 and climbing !
HOUSTON-9400:
Helps that you got multiple Warp Cores too, but, thatís not why we work it that way. We use just two Nacelles to do cruse, then change over to the other two and keep our speed up over a 24 hour period. BUT, when push comes to shove, we got that Hi-Warp available like you saw.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Well, I never thought that using multiple Nacelles like that would make that much difference in maximum speed, but it sure works the way you do it !
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, I guess I figured that out quite a while back. Iíve made some good money with Chiron, and slowly but surely assembled the best minds I could get hold of, and made sure they had our best interest in mind, when they designed stuff for us.
MAXWELL RR-1:
OH, thatís another thing too ! You got stuff installed and working that Star Fleet never put into use, and Iím astounded that it was that way with them !
HOUSTON-9400:
Me too, theyíve had technology presented and available to them for years, and there must have been a lapse in intelligence somewhere over there, and just let it lay there, I put some simple Infra-Red Sensor nodes on our ships, which can pick a cloked Romulan Curser out from a Sector away, and Star Fleet just never thought of doing that apparently.
MAXWELL RR-1:
I know, and thatís not the only thing they ignore either.
HOUSTON-9400:
YEA, but, I got another call to make today and just need to say this. Iím really glad to be able to call you Captain again, and this time around, Iím NOT going to grab you by the nape of your neck, if the Cardassianís or anybody else gives you a hard time, ok ! You got the Ship, you got the technology and my FULL support to get the Mission done, so, GET IT DONE !
MAXWELL RR-1:
YES SIR, thank you Sir, dahm Iím glad to be working for you !
HOUSTON-9400:
Me too Ben, but gota go now, bye.
MAXWELL RR-1:
Bye SW, call back any time !
End of Autotranscript
HOUSTON-9400: Clear
MAXWELL RR-1: Clear
SECURE COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL CLOSED
CC-2000: Reconnect to standard monitoring mode.
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote